Imagine having ebooks, music, apps, and movies, all handy. Imagine even starting to read an ebook on your android phone and finish it on your computer, or after you watching a movie. Well you don not have to imagine it any longer. The Google Android Market has evolved to a new product that has all this capabilities; welcome Google Play.
What’s Google Play? It’s a cloud-based digital entertainment destination, where you can use and share music, movies, books, and apps on the web or on your Android phone or tablet.
According to Google’s Blog with Google Play you would be able to do the following:
- Download over 450,000 Android games and apps
- Rent movies including HD titles and new movies
- Browse a massive large selection of eBooks
- Store over 20,000 songs for free and also buy new sonfs
Starting today Google Music, Google eBookstore, and the Android Market will all be a part of the new Google Play.
The Android Market will be upgraded to Google Play in the coming days. The apps, videos, books, music apps, will also be upgraded to Google Play Movies, Google Play Books and Google Play Apps. And do not be worried, everything that you already bought will be still available in Google Play.
Google Inc (GOOG) will offer a different video rental, book, Android app or album at a special price each day for a week. This mega-sale is going to be called called “7 Days to Play”. Today’s offer included the game ‘Where’s My Water’, the movie ‘Puncture’, and some other movies and games for just 25 cents each. Google play will store different items depending on where you are located.
Below is a brief description by location:
- Australia: Books and apps
- Canada and the U.K.: Books, Movies and Android apps
- Japan: Movies and Android apps
- U.S.: Movies, music, Android apps and books.
- Everywhere else: Google Play will be the new version of the Android Market
Google’s long term goal is to put all these different types of content in Google Play available for everyone.
Google Play seems very promising, do you like it yet?