Every morning the Street of Walls team puts out an update on market levels, today’s top stories, and active M&A deals.
Today’s Top Stories:
- FREE HF 13F Report: Next week the StreetofWalls team will be releasing the 4Q 2011 Hedge Fund Intelligence Report, free sign-up http://bit.ly/y2CMbx
- Greece Update: There is a Eurozone finance ministers meeting scheduled for this Mon/Tues (2/20-21). According to several press reports, the country will see a final decision made on its EU130B bailout
- Fortress Decreases ACAS Stake: Fortress Investment Group disclosed that it decreased its position in the total outstanding common shares of American Capital (Nasdaq:ACAS) to 6.32% http://bit.ly/xEovkx
- Wireless Spectrum: NYT article talks about how Congress will authorize the sale of public spectrum to help pay for the payroll tax dealhttp://nyti.ms/xXSbep
- What Investment Bankers Do: This is a really funny slide floating around the street about what Investment Bankers do http://bit.ly/zsWq1C
- QE3 Getting Priced In: suggestions from Fed officials that a QE3 program could get launched are helping to drive up mortgage prices (BBG)
- Homebuilding Thoughts: “We think the last few months have brought further signs that a home improvement recovery is in bloom. While the stocks have started to discount a rebound, we think there is still significant room for the sector to flourish” (UBS)
- 8:30am: CPI, M/m, Jan., est. 0.3% (prior 0.0%)
- 10am: Leading Indicators, Jan., est. 0.5% (prior 0.4%)
- 10am: API monthly report
- 1pm: Baker Hughes rig count
- Weekly M&A Trends: This week saw some a big jump in M&A while ECM/DCM activity declined. Announced investment banking M&A doubled from the prior week to $80.9 billion, M&A volumes are still very low for the start of the year http://bit.ly/yuWbVv
Disclosure: I do not have a position in any stocks mentioned in this article, do not have a plan to initiate a position within the next 72 hours.
Disclaimer: The information, opinions, material, and any other content provided in this article is for informational purposes only and is not to be used or considered an offer or solicitation to buy or sell securities, investment products, financial instruments, or to participate in any particular investment strategy. The information, opinions, material, and any other content provided in this article does not constitute as a recommendation or as advice to buy or sell securities, investment products, financial instruments, or to participate in any particular investment strategy.