Our forecasted strategic changes have been on target:
- In 2006: We called that Southern California was a time bomb ready to explode, and then construction fell 84%.
- In 2007: We said resale prices would fall another 15%, and they fell 19%.
- In 2008: We said future growth would be dominated by renters, and the apartment REIT stocks soared by 84% and renter household formation surged.
- In 2009: We said “great land will be bid up aggressively,” and land prices soared in early 2010 before falling again.
- In 2010: Our Starts forecast was 20% more accurate than WSJ economists. Our forecasted price appreciation was within 2% of the actual We pitched the idea of mass rental of SF homes as a potential solution directly to government, and they pursued the idea.
Full Scribd:John Burns Housing
|ValueWalk Premium Subscription Includes:
Brook Asset Management had a strong first quarter, is shorting This US education stock [Exclusive]
Brook Asset Management was up 7.27% for the first quarter, compared to the MSCI GBT TR Net World Index, which returned 3.96%. For March, the fund was up 1.1%. Q1 2021 hedge fund letters, conferences and more In his March letter to investors, which was reviewed by ValueWalk, James Hanbury of Brook said returns during Read More