One of the negatives about owning an iPhone is how impersonal they are. Unlike Android, which enables you to customize a handset to your heart’s desire, Apple’s iOS does not–unless you go down the jailbreak route, which frees an iPhone from its OS bound bonds. But what if that’s not an option for you? Is there a way to use new iPhone themes? The answer is yes, so read on to find out how.
Installing new iPhone themes
For a very long time, one of the main reasons to jailbreak an iPhone was to add a new theme. However, now that it is becoming harder to jailbreak a handset, many iPhone owners find themselves locked into iOS firmware, which doesn’t allow new iPhone themes to be installed.
Now it may sound too good to be true, but there is a way for you to have new iPhone themes and app icons without a jailbreak. This will work with the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch running iOS 7 and later. Before we start the tutorial below, you need to know that this method will not change the icons. A new set of shortcut icons will replace them and link to the app, and when tapped, the app will open.
If you have decided to go ahead with this tutorial, we’re pleased to tell you that it is a reversible process.
How to Install new iPhone themes
- To start with, you are going to have to launch the Safari browser on you iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, followed by paying a visit to a website which will give you a choice of themes. Many of the themes on the website are free. However, some require a premium account, which is also free. Once you have Safari opened, go to iskin.tooliphone.net.
- Now that the website has loaded, scroll down the page until you find Browse all Themes. Tap this option to reveal a number of iPhone themes to choose from.
- Pick a theme from the options that available. We’ve chosen the iOS 10 theme by iOS Themes.
- When you’ve selected a theme, scroll down and select the Applications icon button. This allows you to choose which apps to theme on your device Home screen.
- Tap the icons that you would like to have themed and give each one a relevant name.
- Once you’re happy with your choices, scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap on Install icons.
- Next, you will see an Install Profile Page. In the top right corner there will be an Install button; tap it and enter your passcode if prompted. Then tap Install again.
It will only take a moment for your selection of iPhone themes to install on your device. The way to know if all is going well is when you see a green box displayed. It should say Installation in Progress… All you have to do is wait for it to finish, and then go to your Home screen to see the changes.
And that’s it; you now know how to install new iPhone themes on your non-jailbroken device.