Police forces did not seal off all roads leading to the supporters of Mohamed Morsi sit-in at Rabaa al-Adaweya Square in Cairo, a source at the Interior Ministry told the Middle East News Agency.
Reuters News Agency reported that the state television said earlier on Friday that Egyptian authorities will ban access to the Mohamed Morsi suppoters’ sit-in.
The Interior Ministry issued a statement on Thursday calling on demonstrators at Rabaa and Nahda squares to break up their sit-ins and promised them a safe exit.
Army chief: Severing ties with Syria is Mohamed Morsi’s biggest fault
Deposed president Mohamed Morsi took several measures that were not in Egypt’s best interests, Staff Major General Osama Askar said.
Mohamed Morsi’s biggest fault is the decision to sever ties with Syria during one of his conferences without referring to the National Defense Council and the legislative council, Askar said.
Severing ties with any state means erasing all channels through which communication can be established with the other party, Askar, the Third Field Army’s leader, said during a meeting with representatives of Suez Bedouins.
Defense Minister Abdel Fattah al-Sisi met with Mohamed Morsi more than once before the June 30 protests, he said.
He urged Mohamed Morsi to take steps to achieve national reconciliation and to reduce the political polarization in the street before the demonstrations, Askar explained.
Sisi informed Mohamed Morsi of the contents of the armed forces statement that gave a 48-hour ultimatum to all parties involved, he added.
State TV says authorities will ban access to Mohamed Morsi loyalist Rabaa sit-in
Egyptian authorities will ban access to the supporters of Mohamed Morsi sit-in at Rabaa al-Adaweya Square in Cairo, Reuters News Agency reported the state television as saying on Friday.
Security measures stepped up in anticipation of Mohamed Morsi supporters’ marches
The Interior Ministry stepped up security measures in Cairo’s Tahrir Square and at the Ittihadeya presidential palace on Friday in anticipation of marches supporting former president Mohamed Morsi.
One person was killed and others were injured when clashes broke out last week after a Mohamed Morsi support march passed through Tahrir.
Several central security forces formations were deployed in Tahrir to guarantee no scuffles or clashes flare up, a security source told the Middle East News Agency.
Security forces and two armored vehicles were deployed in Simon Bolivar Square near the U.S. embassy headquarters in Cairo to secure protesters in Tahrir, the source said.
Security measures were also stepped up at the Ittihadeya palace in case Mohamed Morsi supporters marches head there, the source added.
Six Copts injured in clashes with Mohamed Morsi supporters in Minya
Six Copts were injured in a Minya village after clashes with Mohamed Morsi supporter demonstrators on Thursday evening.
The clashes left six injured.
Several Minya residents filed official complaints accusing supporters of deposed president Mohamed Morsi of attacking them and destroying their cars as they go to work in the morning and return back home.
Eyewitnesses said that Mohamed Morsi’s supporters forced the Copts of Nazlet Abid Village to suspend work in more than 400 white brick factories where most village residents work.
In Delga Village south of Minya, the houses of several Copts and village churches were attacked by stones during a Mohamed Morsi support march Thursday night.
Father Ayoub Youssef, the patron of Mar Guirguis Church for Catholics, urged security bodies to intervene in order to put an end to the attacks on Copts.
In preparation for Friday’s Mohamed Morsi supporters’ demonstrations, security forces in Minya intensified their presence at vital facilities such as the governorate’s security headquarters, police stations, and banks.
This content is from : Aswat Masriya