Socialbakers, a social media analytics company, has released a tool that allows users to check how many real accounts are following them on Twitter. This tool is named Fake Followers Check and it lets you know if your Twitter followers are real or fake.
This tool is based on several parameters to define fake or empty followers:
- The Following / Followers ratio is less than 50 Following / 1 Follower
- Tweets are repeated more than three times
- They repeat spam phrases like “diet,” “make money,” and “work from home”
- More than 90% of tweets are links and the profile has a following: followers ratio of 7 : 1 or more. This means, for example, that the profile is following 7 others while only being followed by 1.
- More than 90% of the account’s tweets are retweets
- The account has never tweeted.
To get started, visit this tool, enter your twitter handle and click on “Check”. You will now need to Authorize this tool. Once done, you will be sent back to this tool. You can then see the results of this tool.
As you can see in the above screenshot, it displays how what percentage of your followers are fake or empty, inactive, and good.
This tool won’t work if you enter the Twitter handle of someone else. It will only work with the account that the user was currently logged-in/authorized on Twitter.
Fake followers is in Beta and they are currently tweaking the algorithm to make it better.