Facebook’s not-so wanted changes are not over yet. Here’s one more such change that Facebook has made by removing everyone’s email address from profile (or Timeline) and replacing it with an @facebook.com email address without asking you. The worst part of this process is that this change is automatically applied to all users and many users are not even aware of it.
Facebook has launched its email service in 2010 but the service was not that successful. Many people are still not aware that they can send a new message (email) from Facebook to any email address. For example, if you have set your “username” such as: facebook.com/msaqibk then your Facebook email address is username followed by @facebook.com (which means: [email protected]). However, people rarely, or never use this email address for communication purpose. It seems now Facebook has become active in this direction by forcing users to “USE” this email address which is not fair by any means.
The good part is that you can remove that @facebook.com email address and show your personal email address instead. Let’s learn how to display that old email address on Facebook profile.
- Login to your Facebook account and click on “About” on your profile.
- Scroll down to your email address and click on “Edit” button.
- Click on the small circle next to your @facebook.com email address and change its setting to “Hidden From Timeline”.
- Click on the small circle next to your other email address and change its setting to “Show On Timeline”.
- Finally, click on the “Save” button from the bottom of the page.
That’s all you need to do. Now you can check your Timeline or profile again and voila, your old email address is back. The solution is quick and simple. Facebook has made this change without asking for any permission or informing to the user. This is one bad move by Facebook.