Tweedy Browne, a long term investment company, has released their 13F, and in it, they disclose their top picks for long term investment. These are companies, which Tweedy Browne believes will perform well in the long term side of the market, and they have significantly increased their shares in some of them. Tweedy Browne uses a deep value approach to investing. The legendary Benjamin Graham was on of the firms first clients.
The top 5 holdings of the company are:
When investors are looking for a hedge fund to invest their money with, they usually look at returns. Of course, the larger the positive return, the better, but what about during major market selloffs? It may be easy to discount a hedge fund's negative return when everyone else lost a lot of money. However, hedge Read More
1. Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ), which occupies 10.5% of the potfolio, accounting for 4,398,798 shares. They increased their holdings in Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) by 18.1%
2. Philip Morris International Inc. (NYSE:PM) with a holding of 3,206,793 shares, which equals 9.8% of the portfolio. They reduced shares in Philip Morris International Inc. (NYSE:PM) by 22.69%.
3. ConocoPhillips (NYSE:COP), in which they hold 2,888,805 shares, for a total of 5.7% of their portfolio. They increased holdings in ConocoPhillips (NYSE:COP) by 6.06%
4. Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE:BRK.A) (NYSE:BRK.B) makes up 5% of their portfolio, with a holding of 1,132 shares. They reduced holdings in Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE:BRK.A) (NYSE:BRK.B) by 1.14%
5. Baxter International Inc.(NYSE:BAX), which is 4.8% of their portfolio, and has a holding of 2,549,273 shares. They reduced shares by 1.01 %
New purchases by Tweedy Browne, which signifies an expected growth spurt in these stocks, includes several high performance companies.
1. Google Inc (NASDAQ:GOOG) is a brand new holding for Tweedy Browne, and the company allocated 3.2% of its portfolio to the search engine giant. They purchased 158,023 shares at an estimated average price of $599.34 per share.
2. The company also purchased new holdings in Phillips 66 (NYSE:PSX), and they purchased 1,055,393 shares at an estimated average price of $31.83 per share. This made Phillips 66 (NYSE:PSX) worth about 1.2% of the total portfolio.
3. Tweedy Browne also purchased holdings in Hsbc Holdings Plc (NYSE:HBC) (LON:HSBC), buying up 175,245 shares at an estimated average price of $42.98 per share.
Some of the companies, which Tweedy Browne sold out of its portfolio included major companies in cellular service, financial investments, and other fields.
1. AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is the first company on the list, with which Tweedy Browne liquified its holdings with. The shares were sold at an average estimated price of $33.15
2. Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. (NYSE:BR) is the second of the positions liquidated, with shares sold at an average estimated price of $21.71
3. Cintas Corporation (NASDAQ:CTAS), the world renowned uniform provider, is the third position in which Tweedy Browne sold all of its shares. The shares sold for an estimated average price of $37.90.
4. The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE:KO) managed to make it onto the sold out list, with shares sold for an average stimated price of $74.95.
5. Genuine Parts Company (NYSE:GPC) was number 5 on the sold out list, with shares sold for an average estimated price of $62.50.
6. Kraft Foods Inc (NASDAQ:KFT) was the last on a list of sold out positions, and the shares brought an average estimated price of $38.46.
The company added shares to many companies in their list of positions held, and the list is a strong one.
1. Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) was increased by 18.1 % with an average estimated price per share of $64.35. This increased total shares to 4,398,798.
2. Bank Of NY Mell is next, with an increase of 41.69% at an average estimated price of $21.93 per share. This brings holdings up to 4,583,194 shares.
3. Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO) was increased by 22.29% with an estimated price of $18.06. Tweedy Browne now owns 4,184,134 shares.
4. ConocoPhillips (NYSE:COP) was increased by 6.06% as covered above, and the average estimated price per share was around $59.94.
5. SYSCO Corporation (NYSE:SYY) was another holding in which Tweedy Browne increased their holdings. They added 10.64% and paid an estimated average price of $28.61 per share, which increased their holdings to 1,580,888 shares.
6. TOTAL S.A. (ADR) (NYSE:TOT) were increased by 21.83% to include 443,893 shares,. These shares were purcjased at an estimated average price of $45.71 per share.
Three reductions of note were Philip Morris International Inc. (NYSE:PM), Coca-Cola FEMSA, S.A.B. de C.V. (NYSE:KOF), and Federated Investors Inc (NYSE:FII), with reductions totalling 22.69%, 33.12%, and 47.22% respectively.