Billionaire Ray Dalio, manager of Bridgewater Associates LP, the world’s largest hedge fund with close to $130 billion assets under management worldwide, recently filed its 13F with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). As of September 30, 2012, Bridgewater Associates has 237 stocks under its portfolio, with approximately $7.44 billion market value. It is important to note that the assets on the 13F represent merely a fraction of total AUM. Additionally, Ray Dalio has told sources close to ValueWalk that Bridgewater’s 13F is almost meaningless. With that in mind, let us take a look at position changes.
During the quarter, Bridgewater Associates acquired 75 new stocks, increased its stakes in 70 of its existing stocks. The firm also reduced its shares in 70 stocks, and sold out 52 stocks.
Angelo Gordon's $1.5 billion multi-strategy hedge fund, known as the Super Fund returned +0.20% in December and 12.95% through December 31, 2021, according to a copy of its latest update to investors, which ValueWalk has been able to review. Q4 2021 hedge fund letters, conferences and more In the update, fund manager Cort Escherich and Read More
Major New Holdings:
Bridgewater Associate’s major new holdings include Warren Buffet’s Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE:BRK.A) (NYSE: BRK.B) 0.28 percent, BCE, Inc. (NYSE:BCE) 0.26 percent, Microchip Technology Inc (NASDAQ:MCHP) 0.19 percent, Nucor Corporation (NYSE:NUE) 0.17 percent, and Rogers Communications Inc. (NYSE:RCI) (TSE:RCI.B) 0.16 percent.
Dalio bought 238,397 shares of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE:BRK.A) (NYSE: BRK.B), with a $21,026,615 market value; 238, 397 shares of BCE, Inc. (NYSE:BCE), with a $19, 199,011 market value; 422,376 shares of Microchip Technology Inc (NASDAQ:MCHP), with a $13,828,591 market value; 329,712 shares of Nucor Corporation (NYSE:NUE), with a $12,614,781 market value, and 289,700 shares of Rogers Communications Inc. (NYSE:RCI) (TSE:RCI.B), worth $11,703,880.
Other significant new positions include: Amgen Inc. (NASDAQ:AMGN) 97, 297 shares worth $8,201,164; Biogen Idic Inc (NASDAQ:BIIB) 60,804 shares worth $9,072,565; Calgon Carbon Corporation (NYSE:CCC) 90,160 shares worth $5,777,256; Dollar Tree Inc (NASDAQ:DLTR) 150,146 shares worth $7,250,550, and DaVita Health Care Partners Inc (NYSE:DVA) 60,716 shares worth $6,290,785.
The hedge fund bought additional stakes in the following companies:
- SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust (NYSE:SPY) – 35.35 %
- Vanguard MSCI Emerging Markets ETF (NYSE:VWO)- 27.65%
- iShares MSCI Emerging Markets Indx (NYSE:EEM)- 18.51 %
- iShares MSCI Brazil Index (NYSE:EWZ)- 0.84 %
- Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT)- 0.6 percent
The firm reduced its stakes in the following companies:
- Walgreen Company (NYSE:WAG) – 245,946
- iShares MSCI Brazil Index (NYSE:EWZ)- 1,152,983 shares
- Xerox Corporation (NYSE:XRX)- 911,737 shares
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc (NYSE:WMT)- 89,004 shares
- Freeport McMoRan & Gold Inc (NYSE:FC) – 99, 200 shares
Bridgewater Associates sold out its positions in the following companies:
- Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE:BBY)- 1,237,022 shares (0.39% of the portfolio)
- Symantec Corporations (NASDAQ:SYMC)- 1,209,090 (0.37 % of the portfolio)
- Applied Material Inc (NASDAQ:AMAT)- 1,844,188 shares (0.31% of the portfolio)
- Eaton Corporation (NYSE:ETN)- 393, 142 shares (0.23% of the portfolio)
- Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC)- 569,253 shares (0.23% of the portfolio)
- Las Vegas Sands Corp. (NYSE:LVS)- 272,134 shares (0.18% of the portfolio)
- Google Inc (NASDAQ:GOOG)- 19,240 shares (0.17% of the portfolio)