Bitcoin is up over 107% year-to-date; many other cryptocurrencies have produced even bigger gains. With the broader markets showing positive signs, now could be a great time to invest in quality cryptocurrencies.
But which crypto projects offer the greatest upside potential? This guide reveals the 16 best crypto to buy now. Read on for guidance on building a well-balanced cryptocurrency portfolio.
List of the 16 Best Crypto to Buy Right Now
In our view, here’s the 16 best crypto to buy now before the next bull market arrives:
- Bitcoin ETF Token (BTCETF) – Hot new token that stands out by aligning with potential SEC-approved Bitcoin ETFs, offering lucrative staking APYs, and using strategic token burns to create long-term growth. Its early adoption incentives and strong community support highlight its unique position in the market.
- Bitcoin Minetrix (BTCMTX) – A brand-new presale project that has already raised $2.9 million. This small-cap gem is revolutionizing the way people mine Bitcoin. It has created a stake-to-mine mechanism – enabling users to stake BTCMTX tokens for a share of Bitcoin mining power. The Bitcoin Minetrix presale is selling BTCMTX for just $0.0113 per token – but the price will soon increase.
- Meme Kombat (MK) – Enter the world of Meme Kombat – where Pepe, Doge, Floki, Shiba, and other fan favorites enter life-or-death battles. Backed by AI and smart contracts, Meme Kombat battles are fun and highly interactive. Not only that but players can place pre-match and in-play bets on their chosen meme character. MK, the project’s native token, has raised over $1 million from presale investors. The presale is ongoing.
- TG.Casino (TGC) – One of the world’s first licensed casinos to operate exclusively on Telegram, TG.Casino is another top-rated presale project. Its casino not only supports table games, slots, and live dealers – but sports betting too. TG.Casino’s native token, TGC, offers 25% cashback, staking rewards, and extra bonuses. TG.Casino’s presale has raised $1.6 million so far. Presale investors can still secure a discount.
- Wall Street Memes (WSM) – This anti-Wall Street project shares fun but meaningful memes on social media; some have received engagement from Elon Musk. It raised over $25 million in presale funding before launching on crypto exchanges. With a market capitalization of just $40 million, WSM will appeal to growth investors. Wall Street Memes has also launched a crypto casino – giving WSM tokens real-world utility.
- Launchpad XYZ (LPX) – Bridging the gap between Web 3.0 investments and consumers, Launchpad XYZ has developed an AI-based ranking system on the best cryptocurrencies to buy. It covers over 400 data points and assigns leading tokens a score of between 1-100. Launchpad XYZ also offers fractionized real estate, trading signals, and access to NFT mints. Currently in presale, LPX tokens fuel its ecosystem.
- Chainlink (LINK) – This project specializes in Oracles – which provide real-world data to blockchain smart contracts. Chainlink ensures that decentralized applications have access to accurate and timely information outside of the blockchain ecosystem. As Web 3.0 continues to grow, demand for Chainlink will follow suit. LINK, the project’s native token – trades almost 80% below its all-time high.
- BNB (BNB) – The fourth largest cryptocurrency by valuation behind Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Tether. BNB backs the Binance ecosystem, offering discounted commissions on its exchange. BNB is also the transactional currency of the Binance Smart Chain. Similar to Ethereum and ETH, BNB is required to settle fees. Binance regularly burns BNB, so it’s a deflationary asset. BNB is 67% down from its all-time high.
- Arbitrum (ARB) – This is a layer 2 solution for the Ethereum ecosystem – providing ERC20 tokens with lower fees and faster transactions. Arbitrum also solves scalability issues, with the network able to handle thousands of transactions per second. There are over 200 ERC20 projects on the Abritrum network – fees are paid in ARB tokens. ARB is down over 90% since it was launched in early 2023.
- Ripple (XRP) – More than 300 financial institutions use the Ripple network for cross-currency transfers. Settlement times take under five seconds and fees amount to a micro-fraction of a cent. XRP tokens help financial institutions obtain liquidity, so they have a solid use case. That said, XRP is down 84% from its all-time high, which was achieved in early 2018.
- Solana (SOL) – This blockchain ecosystem is one of the most energy-efficient – Solana transactions have a 0% net carbon impact on the environment. Solana can handle up to 65,000 transactions per second at an average fee of $0.0025. Settlement times average just 400 milliseconds. Considering Solana also supports smart contracts and decentralized applications – it will likely play a major role in the future of Web 3.0.
- Decentraland (MANA) – Investors looking for exposure to the metaverse industry might consider Decentraland. This established metaverse offers virtual experiences, play-to-earn games, and land ownership. Some Decentraland land plots have previously sold for over $1 million, although valuations have since declined. MANA is the native token backing its metaverse, currently trading at a discount of over 93%.
- Uniswap (UNI) – One of the most popular decentralized exchanges, Uniswap facilitates crypto swaps without requiring any intermediaries or order books. Traders buy and sell tokens via liquidity pools, which are funded by investors. Uniswap supports multiple blockchain standards, including Ethereum, Arbitrum, and Binance Smart Chain. UNI tokens fuel the Uniswap ecosystem – currently 90% down from all-time highs.
- Basic Attention Token (BAT) – Valued at just under $320 million, Basic Attention Token is worth just a small fraction of its true potential. The project has developed its own web browser – Brave, which is used by over 60 million monthly active users. Brave not only protects privacy but it allows users to earn BAT tokens when viewing ads. BAT is trading 88% below its all-time high – so is one to buy ahead of the next bull run.
- Aave (AAVE) – Decentralized lending platform specializing in over-collateralized loans. Users deposit idle crypto tokens into an Aave smart contract and receive financing, up to a maximum LTV. The LTV varies depending on the token being used as collateral. Aave never touches client funds, as they’re locked in immutable smart contracts. The project’s native token, AAVE, currently trades at an 87% discount.
- Bitcoin (BTC) – The world’s most popular and valuable cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, also makes our list. Bitcoin is up over 107% year-to-date – but much higher gains could follow. After all, Bitcoin’s next halving event is scheduled for April 2024. Halvings have historically seen Bitcoin go on an extended bull run and record new all-time highs. Bitcoin currently trades 48% below its former peak.
A Closer Look at the Best Cryptocurrencies to Invest in
We’re now going to unravel the fundamentals of each crypto project listed above. Read on to make an informed decision on the best cryptos for 2024.
1. Bitcoin ETF Token (BTCETF) – Overall Best Crypto To Buy With High Staking APY And Token Burns For Long Term Growth
Bitcoin ETF Token is an innovative new crypto platform linked to the highly anticipated approval of a Bitcoin ETF by the SEC, which could significantly impact the broader crypto market.
The ERC20 token offers an attractive staking program, with an initial APY of over 2000%, which is expected to decrease as more investors participate.
Also, early participants in the presale can benefit from a token price that increases from $0.005 up to $0.0068 through 10 presale stages, allowing potential gains from early investment.
At press time, the project is already nearing the $100K presale milestone just a few days post-launch, showing strong community support.
A unique feature of the Bitcoin ETF Token is the integration of token burn events, which are activated by significant milestones related to Bitcoin ETFs.
These milestones include achieving a $100 million trading volume, the launch of the first Bitcoin ETF, reaching $1 billion in assets under management across Bitcoin ETFs, or Bitcoin’s price surpassing $100,000.
Up to 25% of the token’s supply is set aside for removal through these burns, potentially increasing the token’s value.
Per the Bitcoin ETF Token whitepaper, the total supply of the tokens is capped at 2.1 billion, with 840 million reserved for the presale.
Notably, a smart contract audit has been completed by Coinsult, with no significant issues reported, showing the project’s commitment to transparency.
Investors can buy the token using various cryptos, including ETH, USDT, BNB, and MATIC, as well as card payments.
For ongoing updates and more details, you can follow the Bitcoin ETF Token on their social media platforms like X (previously Twitter). Joining their community channels, such as the Telegram group, can provide timely information on the project’s development and the Bitcoin ETF approval process.
|Total Tokens||2.1 Billion|
|Tokens Available in Presale||840 million|
|Minimum Purchase||No Minimum|
|Purchase With||USDT, ETH, BNB, MATIC, Credit Card|
2. Bitcoin Minetrix (BTCMTX) – Brand-New Crypto Project With Stake-to-Mine Bitcoin Rewards [Presale Investments at Almost $3 Million]
Bitcoin Minetrix is one of the best cryptocurrencies to invest in right now. Especially if you want to invest in a brand-new crypto token before it’s listed on exchanges. Bitcoin Minetrix has developed a novel concept called stake-to-mine. The idea is simple; those staking BTCMTX tokens will passively earn Bitcoin Minetrix credits.
Credits can be swapped for Bitcoin mining power at the click of a button. This entitles users to a share of Bitcoin mining rewards generated by the project. It’s a bit similar to cloud mining but there’s no need to trust a centralized platform. Bitcoin Minetrix is a decentralized project, so key proposals are determined by BTCMTX holders.
Bitcoin Minetrix doesn’t have long contract terms either. In contrast, many cloud mining companies require users to purchase a 12-month contract. Not only does this require a large upfront investment – but many users simply want to mine short-term. Bitcoin Minetrix doesn’t have any minimum requirements either, so it’s suitable for all investor profiles.
Crucially, Bitcoin Minetrix is opening up the Bitcoin mining space to those on a budget. Users aren’t required to purchase any ASICs or mining rigs. No energy consumption is required either. The only thing needed is BTCMTX tokens – which can be purchased via the ongoing presale campaign. The presale has been successful so far – more than $2.9 million has been raised.
Like many presales, Bitcoin Minetrix incentivizes early investors. Right now, BTCMTX tokens cost just $0.0113. When the current batch sells, the price will increase. This will continue until the presale is over. At that stage, BTCMTX will be listed on exchanges – enabling new buyers to purchase tokens.
If you’re new to crypto presales – it’s important you understand the risks. New projects like Bitcoin Minetrix have a solid vision – but no prior track record or pricing history. Once listed on exchanges, expect lots of volatility. If you choose to proceed, the Bitcoin Minetrix presale accepts Ethereum, Tether, BNB, MATIC, and credit cards.
|Total Tokens||4 Billion|
|Tokens Available in Presale||2.8 Billion|
|Minimum Purchase||No Minimum|
|Purchase With||USDT, ETH, BNB, MATIC, Credit Card (KYC Required)|
3. Meme Kombat (MK) – Meme Character Battles Generated by AI and Smart Contracts With Betting Markets
Meme Kombat is another new project that is in the midst of its presale campaign. Contrary to its name, Meme Kombat isn’t a meme coin. In fact, this project has plenty of real-world utility. In a nutshell, Meme Kombat has developed a battle arena for virtual meme characters. This includes fan favorites like Shiba, Pepe, Doge, and Floki.
Each meme character has various strengths and weaknesses – similar to a conventional battle card game. Meme Kombat battles are immersive and fun. They’re also completely random – as battle outcomes are crafted by AI. This ensures that battles avoid becoming repetitive. Smart contracts also ensure that Meme Kombat results are transparent – similar to provably fair.
Meme Kombat has also created a betting arena – allowing players to gamble on the winner of each battle. Odds will be offered before the battle commences – and also while they’re still in progress. Players will have many betting markets to choose from and odds are based on the probability of each outcome.
Meme Kombat’s native token – MK, needs to be staked to access its battle game. MK is also required to place bets and receive winnings. This is a smart move by Meme Kombat. Not only will players need to buy MK to bet – but also stake some tokens too. This can create a healthy trading environment – as MK tokens can’t be sold while they’re being staked.
Going back to the Meme Kombat presale – MK is currently being sold for $0.1667. Like most presales, the price soon will increase. Meme Kombat has already raised over $1 million from presale investors. If it sells its entire presale allocation – MK will be listed on exchanges with a valuation of just $10 million. This makes MK the best crypto to buy now for small-cap investors.
|Total Tokens||120 Million|
|Tokens Available in Presale||60 Million|
|Purchase With||USDT, ETH, BNB|
4. TG.Casino (TGC) – One of the World’s First Licensed Casinos on Telegram Offering Anonymous Accounts and Instant Payouts
TG.Casino is the best crypto to invest in now if you want exposure to the ever-growing online gambling industry. That said, TG.Casino isn’t like any other casino site; it operates exclusively on the Telegram app. With hundreds of millions of active monthly users, TG.Casino offers gambling services to a significant market.
One of the main benefits of TG.Casino is that it offers complete privacy and anonymity. Players aren’t required to open an account, provide personal information, or upload ID verification documents. Even so, TG.Casino operates with legitimacy – it’s approved by the Governor of Curaçao and holds a Curaçao e-gaming license.
TG.Casino also offers instant cryptocurrency deposits and withdrawals. Not to mention attractive bonuses, hundreds of casino games, and a fully-fledged sportsbook. Investors will also like that TG.Casino regularly repurchases its own token – TGC. This is similar to a share buyback program – which reduces the overall supply and can increase prices.
TG.Casino funds its token buybacks with operational profits. TGC tokens come with many other benefits. Casino players can stake their tokens to earn an APY of 318%. Staking rewards are paid in TGC tokens – which can be used on TG.Casino gambling games. What’s more, those betting with TGC tokens will receive 25% cashback on any losses.
TGC tokens are currently being sold at presale prices. Growth investors are snapping them up – over $1.6 million has been raised so far. The TG.Casino presale accepts Ethereum, Tether, and BNB. Before proceeding, remember that new cryptocurrencies like TGC are volatile and risky. Never invest more than you can afford to lose.
|Total Tokens||100 Million|
|Tokens Available in Presale||40 Million|
|Purchase With||USDT, ETH, BNB|
5. Wall Street Memes (WSM) – Recently Completed Presale Raised Over $25 Million and Now Trading With a Small-Cap Valuation of $40 Million
Not only is Wall Street Memes one of the best crypto to invest in for 2024 – but it has just completed one of the most successful presale campaigns of the year. Wall Street Memes raised over $25 million from presale investors. Its native token, WSM, already trades on various tier-one exchanges. That said, WSM has a small market capitalization of just $40 million.
As such, there’s still plenty of room for additional growth. At its core, Wall Street Memes is an anti-Wall Street movement that shares memes. It has over 1 million followers across its social channels. Its memes are viewed more than 40 million times per month. One of its most recognized followers is Elon Musk.
Musk has previously commented on memes shared by the project – which brought it a lot of attention. Wall Street Memes recently launched a crypto casino too. This offers utility for WSM tokens, which can be used to gamble. Those depositing at least $30 worth of WSM tokens receive 200 free slot spins.
The Wall Street Memes casino also offers anonymous accounts and fast payouts. Thousands of games are supported, including slots, blackjack, and roulette. In terms of price appreciation, WSM tokens currently trade 79% below their all-time high. This is likely because of presale investors cashing out their gains. Therefore, WSM’s market correction offers a solid entry point.
6. Launchpad XYZ (LPX) – Trading Signals, Fractionized Assets, Exclusive NFT Mints, and Other Web 3.0 Investments
Launchpad XYZ has developed an ecosystem that connects consumers with the Web 3.0 industry. It simplifies the process of investing in assets that are often complicated and difficult to reach – especially for beginners. For example, it guides investors on the best crypto to trade.
Through AI and human analysis, leading cryptocurrencies are assigned a Launchpad Quotient (LPQ) score of between 1 and 100. This is based on many factors, such as social sentiment, smart contract security, price momentum, whale holdings. The higher the score, the more chance the cryptocurrency has of outperforming the market.
There are many other features on the Launchpad XYZ dashboard. One of the most popular is its Telegram trading signal service. When Launchpad XYZ identifies a cryptocurrency that could enter a new bullish phase, it sends a Telegram alert to members. This includes the suggested entry price, plus stop-loss and take-profit orders.
Launchpad XYZ is also making stores of value more accessible. This includes real estate, which is purchased and split into fractional units. This enables casual investors to buy small fractions of properties, backed by tradable NFTs. Launchpad XYZ’s decentralized exchange will enable holders to trade their fractional assets – ensuring investors have a liquid marketplace.
Investors will also have access to new NFT mints that aren’t being sold to the general public. This, and many other features, can only be accessed with LPX tokens. This is the native token backing Launchpad XYZ – and it’s currently being sold at presale prices. Currently, investors can also get an 11% presale bonus. Over $1.9 million has been raised so far.
|Total Tokens||1 Billion|
|Tokens Available in Presale||250 Million|
|Minimum Purchase||100 LPX|
|Purchase With||USDT, ETH, BNB, Credit Card (KYC Required)|
Chainlink specializes in Oracles, which bridge blockchain technology with the real world. More specifically, Chainlin ensures that smart contracts have access to data outside of the blockchain ecosystem. This allows decentralized applications to extract accurate and timely data without relying on centralized providers.
Chainlink achieves consensus by scanning an unprecedented number of online sources. Not only does this ensure that smart contracts are fed reliable data but free of agenda and bias. The use cases for Chainlink are limitless. In fact, any decentralized platform that seeks offline data will benefit from Chainlink Oracles.
For example, consider a decentralized derivatives marketplace that offers currency options. Through Chainlink, the platform can provide clients with real-time data on currency exchange movements. Its underlying smart contracts can settle options trades autonomously, as it has access to market data from the most reliable sources.
LINK tokens sit at the heart of Chainlink’s Oracle network. Decentralized applications must pay fees in LINK should they wish to query data. Although Chainlink has a market capitalization of over $6 billion – it’s trading well below its former all-time high. LINK is available at an 80% discount right now – which could be its lowest price point – ever.
Note: Chainlink is listed on eToro – a heavily regulated cryptocurrency broker aimed at beginners. There’s a small minimum investment requirement of $10 and debit/credit cards and e-wallets are accepted.
8. BNB (BNB) – Ecosystem Token Backing the Binance Framework With an Ongoing Burning Mechanism
BNB is the fourth largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization – currently valued at over $34 billion. Founded in 2017, BNB is the ecosystem token of Binance – the world’s largest exchange. In simple terms, BNB gives you exposure to the Binance ecosystem, but it also comes with several use cases.
For example, those trading on the Binance exchange and paying fees in BNB will receive a 25% discount on commissions. BNB is also the native currency of the Binance Smart Chain. Any transactions taking place on this network requires BNB to settle fees. What’s more, BNB is used as liquidity on the Binance Smart Chain – providing further demand for the token.
Binance also has a burning mechanism, which periodically removes BNB from the circulating supply. This makes BNB the best crypto to buy now if you’re looking for a deflationary asset. Now could be a great time to buy BNB, considering it’s currently trading 67% below its all-time high. BNB is also a staking coin, allowing holders to earn passive rewards.
9. Arbitrum (ARB) – Scalability Solutions for ERC20 Projects via an Efficient Layer 2 Network
Arbitrum is another quality cryptocurrency project that trades at a huge discount. Since its native token, ARB, launched in early 2023 – it’s down over 90%. This presents a superb buying opportunity, considering the long-term potential of the Arbitrum network. Put simply, Arbitrum is a layer 2 solution for the Ethereum ecosystem.
ERC20 projects – such as Tether, Chainlink, USD Coin, and Wrapped Bitcoin – benefit from higher scalability when bridging to Arbitrum. After all, Arbitrum can handle up to 40,000 transactions per second. The Ethereum network can barely handle 30. Arbitrum also offers lower network fees and faster transaction times.
According to CoinMarketCap, 245 ERC20 projects are currently bridged to Arbitrum. Any transactions executed by these projects require ARB tokens for fees. Although ARB was only launched in early 2023, it’s already trading at a 90% discount. This values Arbitrum at just over $1.3 billion. ARB can recover as more projects connect to the Arbitrum network.
10. Ripple (XRP) – Liquidity Token for Large Financial Institutions Engaging in Cross-Currency Transactions
Ripple is a large-cap cryptocurrency currently valued at over $32 billion. That said, its native token, XRP, trades 84% below its all-time high. This was achieved in January 2018, meaning XRP has been stuck in a bearish cycle for nearly six years. However, XRP has solid fundamentals, considering the use cases of its technology.
In a nutshell, Ripple’s payment network facilitates cross-border transactions for large financial institutions. It solves an age-old issue – slow and expensive cross-currency transfers, especially when the emerging markets are involved. Transactions going through the Ripple network take seconds to settle, regardless of the currencies being exchanged.
This is because XRP tokens provide a bridge of liquidity in real-time. What’s more, transaction fees are fixed at 0.00001 XRP. Based on XRP/USD prices today, that’s just $0.000006. Ripple also has a stamp of approval, as over 300 financial institutions are trialing its payment network. This includes Standard Chartered, Santander, and Bank of America.
11. Solana (SOL) – Energy-Efficient Blockchain Network With Unparalleled Speed and Scalability [Smart Contract Compatible]
Next up is Solana – which is the best crypto to invest in 2023 for exposure to smart contract adoption. Although Ethereum is the dominant player in this space, Solana offers developers a much better alternative. Solana can handle up to 65,000 transactions per second, with settlement fees averaging just $0.00025.
As we mentioned earlier, Ethereum handles about 30 transactions per second, so it can’t compete with Solana in this department. Solana is also energy-efficient – transactions have a 0% net carbon impact on the environment. SOL, its native ecosystem token, is required to settle transaction fees.
Solana’s speed, efficiency, and scalability make it ideal for the Web 3.0 industry. It can handle all types of decentralized applications – whether that’s metaverses, exchanges, or play-to-earn games. SOL is another quality cryptocurrency trading at huge bear market discounts. Since hitting all-time highs in November 2021 – SOL has declined by 84%.
12. Decentraland (MANA) – Established Metaverse With Virtual Land Ownership and an Ecosystem Token Trading 93% Below Previous Highs
Decentraland is the best crypto to buy now for exposure to the metaverse. This established project is built on the Ethereum framework, but it’s also bridged to the Polygon ecosystem. This ensures that metaverse transactions are scalable and settled with competitive fees. The Decentraland metaverse offers many features, including virtual experiences and play-to-earn games.
Decentraland is fully customizable, allowing players to create their own virtual characters. Not only that but players can purchase virtual plots of land and build their own real estate projects. This could be anything from a hotel or villa to a casino or shopping mall. Players can monetize their real estate investments, such as renting rooms or selling tickets to virtual experiences.
Crucially, all in-game assets are backed by unique NFTs. This secures ownership and allows players to sell their in-game assets on the Decentraland marketplace. MANA tokens are the transactional currency in the Decentraland metaverse. MANA is up over 1,400% since launching in 2017, but down 93% from all-time highs.
13. Uniswap (UNI) – Leading Decentralized Exchange Supporting Cross-Chain Swaps via Liquidity Pools
Another high-growth area to consider is decentralized finance – and Uniswap is the best option in this investment category. Uniswap is a decentralized exchange that allows traders to buy and sell crypto tokens without intermediaries. Trades are facilitated by liquidity pools, which are funded by investors.
For example, suppose an investor deposits equal amounts of BNB and BUSD in a Uniswap liquidity pool. Someone wishing to swap BUSD for BNB can do so instantly. They’ll pay a small trading fee to Uniswap, which is shared with liquidity pool investors. Not only does Uniswap support the Binance Smart Chain but plenty of other network standards.
This includes Avalanche, Optimism, Polygon, Arbitrum, and Ethereum. Cross-chain trading is also supported. For example, users can swap USDC (Ethereum) for ARB (Arbitrum). Uniswap is backed by its governance token, UNI. According to CoinMarketCap, UNI is trading 90% below its all-time high. Uniswap is currently valued at just over $2.8 billion.
14. Basic Attention Token (BAT) – Proprietary Web Browser With Over 60 Million Monthly Active Users Offering Tokenized Rewards
Basic Attention Token is an established cryptocurrency project that has developed a native web browser – Brave. It attracts over 60 million monthly active users and has a strong focus on privacy. Moreover, Brave allows users to earn tokenized rewards, paid in BAT. Rewards are paid when users view ads that are relevant to their interests.
The Brave browser is also popular with content creators. It distributes a portion of ad revenues and gives creators full control over their works. Brave is also attractive to marketing agencies that want more targeted ad campaigns. Fees are paid in BAT, which makes the Brave ecosystem sustainable and self-sufficient.
In terms of valuation, Basic Attention Token has a market capitalization of just under $320 million. This will appeal to growth investors, especially considering Brave’s continued user adoption. Moreover, BAT tokens are trading at a huge discount of over 88%, when compared to all-time highs.
15. Aave (AAVE) – Decentralized Lending Ecosystem With Over-Collateralized Loans Funded by Investors
Aave is another quality blockchain project from the decentralized finance space. Built on the Ethereum network, Aave allows users to obtain over-collateralized loans on their crypto holdings. For example, suppose an investor is currently holding $1,000 worth of ETH. They deposit the ETH tokens into a smart contract and then have access to financing.
If the loan-to-value (LTV) available is 50%, the investor can borrow $500 worth of crypto from an Aave liquidity pool. The over-collateralization of loans means that Aave is a safe lending platform. Moreover, Aave never touches client funds, as they’re locked in smart contracts. Borrowers automatically receive their collateral when the loan is repaid.
Aave not only supports the Ethereum network but also other blockchain standards. This includes Polygon, Fantom, Arbitrum, and Harmony. LTV ratios depend on the crypto tokens being used as collateral. For example, large-cap tokens like ETH and USDT offer the highest LTVs. Aave’s native ecosystem token, AAVE, is currently trading 87% below all-time highs.
16. Bitcoin (BTC) – 107% Gains Year-to-Date but Still Trading 48% Below All-Time Highs
Bitcoin was the world’s first cryptocurrency when it launched in 2009. It has remained the largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization ever since – currently valued at over $690 billion. Although the upside potential of Bitcoin is lower than smaller-cap cryptocurrencies, it still represents a solid long-term investment.
For example, Bitcoin has increased by over 107% year-to-date. In contrast, the S&P 500 has grown by just 10% over the same period. Moreover, based on current prices, Bitcoin is trading 48% below its all-time high. Should Bitcoin return to over $68,000 during the next bull run – this would constitute an upside of almost 95%.
According to analysts at Standard Chartered, Bitcoin could surpass $100,000 by the end of 2024. There is also anticipation of Bitcoin’s next halving event. Expected in April 2024, this reduces the 10-minute mining reward by 50%. And thus, reduces the rate that new Bitcoin tokens enter the market. Historically, halving events have helped Bitcoin record new highs.
Our Methodology: Ranking the Best Crypto Investment Projects
We’ve ranked the 16 best crypto to buy now, covering many different projects and use cases. Read on to discover our methodology when researching and analyzing cryptocurrency investments.
Technological Innovation and Project Objectives
The best way to build a cryptocurrency portfolio is by diversifying into various different niches. This is similar to investing in stocks, where you might gain exposure to energy, retail, tech, banking, and other sectors.
A high-growth market we like is cryptocurrency gambling. TG.Casino stands out here, which recently launched a regulated gambling bot on Telegram. Players are joining TG.Casino in their waves, as it offers anonymous gambling accounts, generous bonuses, and instant cryptocurrency payouts.
We also choose cryptocurrency projects involved in decentralized finance. According to Grand View Research, the decentralized finance industry is currently worth just $16.33 billion. However, by 2030, this is expected to increase to $231.19 billion. This represents a huge compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 46%.
We rate Uniswap as one of the best decentralized finance investments. It’s one of the largest decentralized exchanges for trading volume and supports multiple blockchain standards. Traders can buy and sell tokens without requiring centralized order books. We also included Aave, which offers over-collateralized loans on idle cryptocurrency holdings.
For further diversification, we also explored the metaverse industry. Decentraland was our top metaverse pick. Its ecosystem allows investors to buy virtual real estate plots, backed by unique NFTs. Decentraland plots have previously sold for 7 figures, including a $2.43 million purchase in late 2021.
Crucially, when searching for the best crypto to buy now – consider delving into various industries and sectors. If a particular market fails to deliver, you won’t be over-exposed.
Focus on Crypto Projects With a Solid Use Case
Our methodology focused exclusively on cryptocurrencies with solid use cases. This means the token is required to access specific products or services. This can attract buyers who aren’t specifically aiming for financial gains.
- For example, developers need to purchase LINK tokens to access Chainlink Oracles.
- They can then run data queries from the real world, ensuring that decentralized applications operate autonomously without intermediaries.
- Therefore, demand for LINK will increase as more developers use the technology.
Similarly, BNB is required by cryptocurrency projects on the Binance Smart Chain. This is because BNB is the network’s transactional currency, meaning it’s required to pay fees. BNB is also required for liquidity, enabling buyers and sellers to trade BSC tokens in smooth market conditions. Moreover, BNB offers Binance exchange traders a 25% discount on commissions.
Another cryptocurrency token that has solid use cases is LPX, which backs the Launchpad XYZ ecosystem. Investors are incentivized to buy and stake LPX tokens, as it offers access to premium features. This includes access to fractionized stores of value, such as real estate and gold. LPX holders also get discounted trading fees and access to Telegram trading signals.
At the other end of the scale, most cryptocurrencies do not have any use cases. Or at least any use cases that are likely to attract non-speculative buyers. For example, Dogecoin investors claim that the project has utility, as DOGE tokens can be used as a payment method.
However, it’s unlikely people will go through the hassle of buying Dogecoin with fiat money, just to use the tokens for purchases. This adds an unnecessary step and increases fees. Moreover, Dogecoin is far too volatile to be taken seriously as a payment currency. In fact, the Dogecoin price has declined by over 90% since May 2021.
Diversify Your Portfolio With New and Established Cryptocurrencies With Various Market Capitalization
Experienced investors will build a well-balanced cryptocurrency portfolio that covers new and established projects. This is similar to a stock portfolio containing a mixture of growth companies and blue chips. The same concept can be applied to cryptocurrencies.
Portfolios should always contain some established cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ripple, and BNB. These projects have proven their use cases over many years, which is why they now have large valuations. That said, the upside potential will be more limited.
- For example, BNB is currently valued at just over $34 billion.
- For BNB to grow by 20x, it would need a market capitalization of $680 billion.
- This would make BNB nearly as valuable as Bitcoin.
- Not only that, but increasing its valuation to $680 billion would require a significant amount of buying pressure.
- Although it’s not impossible for BNB to reach these heights, it could take many years.
Now let’s compare this to a new cryptocurrency project like Wall Street Memes. Its native token, WSM, was only listed on exchanges in September 2023 – after raising over $25 million from presale investors. Wall Street Memes now has a market capitalization of just $40 million. So, 20x gains would only require a valuation of $800 million.
Another new cryptocurrency that we like is Meme Kombat. Unlike Wall Street Memes, Meme Kombat isn’t trading on crypto exchanges yet. It’s currently raising funds via a presale campaign. This enables investors to buy its native token, MK, at a discounted entry price. Meme Kombat will have a market capitalization of just $20 million, should its presale sell out.
Ultimately, it’s important to ‘weight’ your cryptocurrency portfolio accordingly. A common strategy is to allocate a large percentage of your portfolio to established cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin and XRP.
A slightly lower allocation could be given to small and medium-cap projects, like Arbitrum, Decentraland, and Basic Attention Token. An even smaller percentage can be spread across brand-new cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin ETF Token, Bitcoin Minetrix, Meme Kombat, and TG.Casino.
Historical Performance During Bull and Bear Cycles
In addition to the fundamentals, it’s crucial to spend some time researching pricing data. Although past performance doesn’t guarantee future results – it can provide valuable insights. Especially when making comparisons to the broader market.
- For example, during the prior bull cycle – which covered most of 2020 and 2021, many cryptocurrencies recorded new all-time highs.
- This includes Bitcoin, which surpassed highs of $68,000 in November 2021.
- In the same month, Solana also hit new highs – peaking at $260.06.
However, not all cryptocurrencies performed well during the last bull market – which should raise a red flag.
For instance, EOS – last hit an all-time high in April 2018. It now trades 97% below this price point – meaning it failed to recover when the broader industry was bullish. Similarly, Dash previously recorded new highs back in December 2017. This means that Dash has remained bearish for almost six years.
Conversely, our methodology also considered cryptocurrencies that have performed well when the wider markets were bearish. These projects prove that they can produce gains in all economic environments. For example, we mentioned earlier that Wall Street Memes raised over $25 million in presale funding.
Those investing in the first presale stage paid just $0.0256 per WSM token. After WSM was listed on exchanges in September 2023, it went on to record highs of $0.079. This means that in about three months, early presale investors made returns of over 211%.
Current Price vs All-Time Highs
- Today, the broader market is valued at over $1.3 trillion.
- This means that year-to-date, the cryptocurrency industry has increased in value by more than 63%.
- However, at its peak in November 2021, the industry was worth over $2.9 trillion.
- This means that the wider market is still trading 55% below its prior peak.
- In other words, we’re still firmly in a bear cycle.
That being said, this means that the majority of cryptocurrencies are trading well below their all-time highs. This offers a solid buying opportunity, as you’ll get more tokens for every dollar spent. Even Bitcoin is trading at a 48% discount, while BNB is 67% down.
Outside of large-cap cryptocurrencies, even bigger discounts are available. When compared to their all-time highs, Arbitrum, Decentraland, and Aave are trading at discounts of 90%, 93%, and 87%, respectively.
Therefore, you might consider buying discounted cryptocurrencies while you still have the chance. After all, there’s a lot to look forward to in 2024. First, we mentioned earlier that the next Bitcoin halving event will take place – reducing the mining reward from 6.25 BTC to 3.125 BTC. There have been three Bitcoin halving events previously.
All resulted in extended bull runs of between 12 and 17 months. Second, the first Bitcoin exchange-traded fund (ETF) on Wall Street is expected to win approval from the SEC in 2024. This will enable institutional clients to invest in Bitcoin without needing to worry about custodianship or trade leveraged futures.
And thus, when Bitcoin performs well, so does the broader cryptocurrency industry. Therefore, never before has there been a better time to enter the market.
Where to Find the Top Cryptocurrency to Invest in 2023
Now that we’ve explained our methodology, let’s explore where to find the best cryptocurrency to buy today. This will help you choose your own investments and make informed trading decisions.
With over 340 million monthly active users, CoinMarketCap is the best place for cryptocurrency analytics. Not only does it offer an unprecedented amount of data on the best cryptocurrency to buy now, but it operates in real-time. It extracts pricing data from hundreds of centralized and decentralized exchanges, providing valuable insights.
CoinMarketCap offers real-time pricing, market capitalization, and trading volume. It also provides tokenomic data – such as the total and circulating supply of each cryptocurrency. CoinMarketCap also helps you find the biggest gainers and losers over various time frames.
For instance, you can view the best-performing cryptocurrencies in the prior 24 hours or 7 days. Oftentimes, cryptocurrencies with strong pricing momentum go on extended bull runs.
Conversely, you might also consider cryptocurrencies that have witnessed a huge decline in the past day. This could present a buying opportunity if the markets have overreacted to bad news. This is similar to buying stocks after worse-than-expected quarterly earnings.
We mentioned earlier that seasoned investors will allocate a small percentage of their portfolio to new cryptocurrencies. This is because new projects are inherently risky but they also offer an attractive upside. If you’re interested in new cryptocurrencies – check out DexTools. This data analytics platform is similar to CoinMarketCap.
However, it specializes in cryptocurrencies listed on decentralized exchanges. This is often where new cryptocurrencies trade before they apply for centralized listings. After all, decentralized exchanges rarely have any listing requirements – any project can add its tokens.
DexTools lists over 2.2 million crypto pairs – so it’s best to start with the ‘Daily Gainers’ section.
This lists the top crypto to buy over the prior 24 hours. It also scores projects from 1 to 100 based on various metrics. This includes smart contract security, the number of token holders, and trading volume.
DexTools also lists other important data, such as market capitalization and available liquidity. You can use this information to find the best new crypto to buy.
- Next, check out the ‘Hot Pairs’ section on DexTools.
- This is based on a simple methodology – cryptocurrencies that have been viewed the most times on DexTools in the prior sign.
- Although simple, views often translate into buys.
- When viewing Hot Pairs, you’ll need to choose your preferred blockchain network.
- DexTools supports Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, Arbitrum, Solana, and other popular ecosystems.
Just like CoinMarketCap, DexTools is completely free to use.
With over 57 million daily active users, Reddit offers invaluable cryptocurrency insights. Put simply, the social network allows you to assess broader sentiment on specific cryptocurrencies. For example, suppose you’re interested in a new cryptocurrency that you discovered on DexTools.
You can search Reddit for the cryptocurrency and assess what members think about the project. If sentiment is overly positive, this is a good sign. Conversely, you might also discover some red flags about the cryptocurrency – which you can then explore further.
Reddit can also be used for inspiration on the best coin to invest in. It has many individual forums dedicated to cryptocurrency investments.
- r/CryptoCurrency: 6.9 million members
- r/CryptoCurrencies: 381,000 members
- r/CryptoMarkets: 1.6 million members
- r/CryptocurrencyICO: 185,000 members
- r/CryptoCurrencyTrading: 168,000 members
These are just a few examples of Reddit groups that can help you find the best crypto to buy now – there are many others.
Just remember that like many anonymous social networks, Reddit attracts bad actors. Avoid posting any information about your cryptocurrency holdings, as you might receive personal messages from scammers.
We’d suggest checking out popular YouTube channels that are dedicated to cryptocurrency investments. There are many different options.
For example, Discover Crypto (Formally BitBoy Crypto) has over 1.4 million subscribers. Videos are posted on most days, covering a range of large-cap cryptocurrencies. The channel covers fundamental research and technical analysis, so you’ll get a broad overview of how the markets are performing.
If you’re looking to brush up on your crypto knowledge and become a more informed investor, check out Coin Bureau. This YouTube channel not only has over 2.3 million subscribers, but most videos attract at least 100,000 views.
Those looking for the best new crypto to invest in should check out Jacob Crypto Bury. Although this YouTube channel has just over 23,000 subscribers, Jacob Bury has proven to be a gem in the small-cap space. Having browsed through his video history, Bury has tipped some of the best-performing crypto presales in recent years.
Although Bury’s picks are considered risky, some of his recommendations have produced huge returns. For example, we mentioned earlier that Wall Street Memes made over 211% for early presale investors. Bury suggested the Wall Street Memes presale virtually days after it was launched to the public.
Jacob Crypto Bury is currently invested in Bitcoin Minetrix and Meme Kombat. Just make sure you do your own research; never invest solely because a YouTube analyst tells you it’s the best crypto coin to buy.
Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency to Invest in 2023: Token Types
The cryptocurrency market consists of many different token types. What’s more, some tokens fall into two or more different categories.
It’s important to understand how each works, so you know which cryptocurrency types are best for your portfolio.
Most cryptocurrency projects refer to themselves as ‘utility tokens’. This means that their proprietary token has an identifiable use case. However, this isn’t always the case – so you’ll need to do your own due diligence.
One of the best examples of a utility token is XRP. It has utility because XRP provides liquidity to financial institutions using the Ripple payment network. This enables institutions to engage in cross-border transfers with illiquid currencies. Therefore, institutions using Ripple need to buy XRP – should they require a bridge of liquidity.
In contrast, Safemoon doesn’t have any utility at all. Instead, it simply taxes transactions and distributes the funds to existing token holders. Nonetheless, the SEC explains that Safemoon increased by over 55,000% between March and April 2021. This shows that oftentimes, the cryptocurrency markets are irrational.
Nonetheless, we’d suggest focusing on utility tokens when exploring the best cryptos to buy. As you’ll see from the top 100 cryptocurrencies by market capitalization – the vast majority have actual use cases.
Meme coins are another popular cryptocurrency type. The original, and still the most popular meme coin is Dogecoin. Other well-known meme coins include FLOKI, Shiba Inu, and Tamadoge.
Although some meme coins build utility for token holders, most are aimed at speculative investors. Meme coins typically use a popular culture reference as their logo. For example, Pepe uses Pepe the Frog as its project mascot. While Dogecoin uses a Shiba Inu dog breed.
Although meme coins are inherently volatile and speculative, they can produce significant gains in a very short period of time.
- For example, Reuters explains that in just 17 days after launching in April 2023, Pepe increased by over 7,000%.
- Similarly, Dogecoin increased by over 14,000% in the first five months of 2021.
- And then there’s Tamadoge, which increased by nearly 1,900% within a week of completing its 2022 presale.
There are many other examples of successful meme coin pumps. However, there are even more instances where meme coins have capitulated in value – so tread with caution.
We’d also suggest exploring some platform tokens when choosing the best crypto coins to buy. In a nutshell, these are tokens that fuel a proprietary blockchain network. They’re required when transacting on the respective blockchain, meaning they have a solid use case.
This is why platform tokens can also be considered utility tokens.
- The most popular platform token to buy is ETH, which sits at the heart of the Ethereum network.
- Consider that there are thousands of decentralized applications built on Ethereum – including Decentraland, Uniswap, Aave, Chainlink, and Basic Attention Token.
- Whenever one of these projects needs to transact, fees need to be paid in ETH.
This is also the case with BNB and the Binance Smart Chain.
Crucially, platform tokens will always remain in demand for as long as the underlying blockchain is used by developers.
Store of Value Coins
Store of value coins allow investors to buy and hold cryptocurrencies that can retain their value over the course of time. This follows the same concept as gold, silver, real estate, and fine art.
Although many cryptocurrencies claim to offer a store of value, we’d argue that only Bitcoin truly meets this criteria. Not only is Bitcoin the de-facto cryptocurrency of choice, but it has a limited supply of just 21 million tokens.
Bitcoin also has a controlled supply – new tokens enter circulation at fixed amounts every 10 minutes. Not only does this mean Bitcoin has a predictable supply but it won’t suffer from inflationary practices.
Another cryptocurrency type is stablecoins. These aren’t designed to appreciate in value – they’re usually pegged to a fiat currency like US dollars. Tether is the most popular stablecoin. Valued at over $84 billion, Tether is the third-largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization.
Other popular stablecoins pegged to the US dollar include USDC Coin, Dai, TrueUSD, BUSD, and USDD. There are also stablecoins pegged to euros, Japanese yen, and other global currencies.
Stablecoins allow investors to hold traditional currencies away from centralized bodies, such as banks. However, there are no guarantees that a stablecoin will remain pegged to its respective currency. TerraUSD – once one of the largest stablecoins, is now worth just $0.01.
Discovering the best crypto to buy now not only requires independent research – but investors need to know where to look. Having analyzed the market extensively, we’re choosing Bitcoin ETF Token as our number one pick.
This new cryptocurrency allows users to earn passive income via staking rewards and offers an upside potential via token burns. BTCETF is now available to buy at a presale discount. After the presale, Bitcoin ETF token will begin trading on cryptocurrency exchanges.
What crypto has the most potential?
Considering the token is yet to launch on crypto exchanges, Bitcoin ETF Token has the most potential. Bitcoin ETF Token is currently selling its tokens at presale prices.
Which crypto will explode in 2024?
With the next Bitcoin halving expected in April – plus the potential for a Bitcoin ETF approval, Bitcoin could explode in 2024. Other promising cryptos that could explode include Uniswap, Chainlink, and Decentraland.
What is the best long-term crypto to buy?
Long-term investors should consider established cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, BNB, and XRP. Consider adding some newly launched cryptocurrencies too, such as Bitcoin ETF Token, Bitcoin Minetrix and Meme Kombat.
What crypto will reach $1?
Many penny cryptocurrencies have the chance to reach $1 in the next 12 months. This includes XRP, Wall Street Memes, and Decentraland.
Which is the next big crypto?
The next big crypto will likely come from a top-quality presale launch. Bitcoin ETF Token’s presale has already raised 100K in a few days of lunch – so the upside potential is huge.