The 2017 Taiwan Investment Conference on 12 October 2017 to celebrate the 10th anniversary of CFA Society Taiwan. Keynote speakers and panel discussions highlight hot investment topics in Taiwan and the region. This post relates to the panel discussion on Investment Opportunities in APAC.
Moderator: Andrew Stotz, PhD, CFA, A. Stotz Investment Research
Panel: Nguyen Thi Vinh Ha, CFA, Partner at Grant Thornton (Vietnam), Ashraf Bava, CFA, Chief Executive at Nael Capital (Pvt) Limited, April Lynn Tan, CFA, Vice President and Head of Research at COL Financial, and Biharilal Deora, CFA, CIPM, FCA, CFP, CIWM, Partner at BDVG & Associates.
Markets discussed: India, Pakistan, the Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Executive summary: Investment opportunities in APAC
- India: The largest economy, has had the highest GDP growth, but appears expensive
- Pakistan: Highest population growth at 2%, strong profitability, low gearing, cheap valuation
- Philippines: Large amount of young people, decent fundamentals, but expensive
- Thailand: Aging population, very low unemployment, decent fundamentals and momentum, not expensive
- Vietnam: Large share of population in the labor force, fundamentally strong, low gearing, relatively cheap
Article by Become A Better Investor