Guest: Episode #59 has no guest, but is co-hosted by Jeff Remsburg.
Is Mean-Reversion In Real Exchange Rates A Smart Value Strategy For FX?
Here’s a round up of hedge funds’ May returns
Date Recorded: 6/22/17
- FoundersCard – The exclusive community for entrepreneurs, innovators, and business professionals offering networking as well as exclusive offerings to the best brands in travel, lifestyle and business.
- The Idea Farm –The Idea Farm gives small investors the same market research usually reserved for only the world’s largest institutions, funds, and money managers.
- Freshbooks – Small business accounting software that makes billing painless
Comments or suggestions? Email us [email protected] or call us to leave a voicemail at 323 834 9159
Interested in sponsoring an episode? Email Jeff at [email protected]
Summary: Episode 59 is a “radio show” format. This week we’re diving into some of the recent market stories which Meb has found most interesting. We also bring back some listener Q&A.
We start with a Tweet from Cliff Asness, in which he rebuffs a Bloomberg article titled, “The Death of Value Investing.” The article states that value “isn’t working. Sticking to that approach has resulted in a cumulative loss of 15 percent over the past decade, according to a Goldman Sachs Group Inc. report. During roughly the same period, the S&P 500 Index has almost doubled.”
Eugene Fama: Momentum Is A Big Embarrassment To Efficient Market Theory
There’s plenty more – including our new partnership with Riskalyze, which enables advisors to allocate client assets into Trinity portfolios. But the more interesting story is how Meb gave his wife food-poisoning the other night. How’d he do it?
Find out in Episode 59.
Links from the Episode:
- Meb’s blog
- Meb’s Twitter
- Meb’s Tweets of the week
- Cliff Asness’s tweet on The Death of Value Investing
- “Goldman Sachs Mulls the Death of Value Investing” – Bloomberg Markets
- Burt Malkiel article re: passive/active investing (also lots of Arnott quotes) – New York Times
- Invest Like The Best Episode 41
- Vanguard is at $65B in assets – Investment News
- Cambria’s new Trinity for Advisors offering with Riskalyze
Article by Meb Faber