A new iOS app called Swipeable inspired by Instagram’s ability to accept multiple images and upload them has been revealed. And it takes the social networks feature to new heights by using it to share 360-degree photos in a carousel.
Swipeable Share Photo’s To Instagram
Developed by Holumio Limited solely for the iOS operating system, it works only with Instagram. Making use of the Facebook-owned platforms multiple photos feature, it enables you to share large images across within smaller photos. As a result, Swipeable has become an almost instant hit, with users flocking to use it on compatible iOS devices.
The developer of app recently published a Press Release and described it as follows:
“Swipeable is meticulously tailor-made for Instagram users. Just pick up your panorama, and the app does the rest. It’s neat, simple and intuitive user interface navigates you in photo sharing. Swipeable automatically divides your picture into square pieces. You will be able to share the photo with the coolest new Instagram feature – Multiple Photos. Apply a single filter on everything and a single caption, location as well as likes and comments will apply to the whole post. Friends can swipe back and forth to explore your journey.”
Android Version On The Way
Right now, Swipeable is only available to iOS 9.0 and above users, which means no Android version. However, there have been some rumors circling about an Android version being in development, so it may not be long. Unfortunately, we don’t have any information on when this may be, although, speculation does suggest a 2017 date is likely.
Swipeable is a pretty cool way to share panorama image on Instagram and as such could be one of many. Now, if you want to find out what it is capable of, here’s a brief breakdown. However, if you want more see here.
- Automatically divide 360-degree images or panorama into squares.
- Seemlessly share to Instagram with Carousel view.
- Pair your Swipeable with Instagram’s filter to make it stand out more.
- Download and start creating straigh away. No account or sign-up is needed.
For whatever reason, the developer has chosen to leave out some much-loved iOS devices from being able to use Swipeable. This is probably due to a particular hardware feature not present on them. Which means, that even if your iPhone or iPad is running the minimum requirement of iOS 9. Or the very latest iOS 10.3 you can not use the application.
Here’s a list of the compatible devices:
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus
- iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular
- iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation)
- iPod touch (6th generation)
Is swipeable worth giving a try? Yes of course it is, the app is free, so why not. You will either, will or won’t like the images created by it; however, it will at least add a new dimension to your Instagram shares. With the extra possibility of gaining new followers, if that’s what you’re primary purpose for being there is all about.