Macro strategies were one of the only hedge funds strategies to post positive returns throughout July, as the Preqin Hedge Fund All Strategies benchmark slipped backed into negative territory, with average returns of -0.15%. Macro strategy funds are the only leading strategy to exceed their January-July 2013 returns, making gains of 2.21% over 2014 so far compared to 1.50% seen for the same period last year.
Top and bottom hedge funds macro strategies
Below are the notable top and bottom strategies for performance throughout July:
- Top Performing Hedge Fund Strategy in July: Multi-Strategy (0.32%)
- Worst Performing Hedge Fund Strategy in July: Event Driven (-0.85%)
- ** First monthly loss for Event Driven strategies since August 2013 **
- Top Performing Hedge Fund Market in July: Asia-Pacific (2.25%)
- Worst Performing Hedge Fund Market in July: Europe (-1.37%)
For more information, please view the factsheet below:
Has including ESG become a necessity for investors?
ESG (environmental, social, governance) has become a hot topic in recent years, especially lately with the debate over whether pension funds should be able to factor in ESG when choosing investments. At Morningstar's recent conference, the firm argued that ESG has become a requirement for long-term investors. Q2 2020 hedge fund letters, conferences and more Read More
Main: +44 (0)20 7645 8880
Fax: +44 (0)87 0330 5892
Preqin is the preeminent supplier of data, analysis and intelligence services to the alternative assets industry. For more information about Preqin, please visit us at www.preqin.com.