Greenlight Capital Re, Ltd. (NASDAQ:GLRE)’s Investor Meeting presentation titled “Rethinking Reinsurance”. The audio from the Investor Meeting can be found here, and see good notes on that from here.
Below is also a new presentation from Greenlight Capital RE.
Greenlight Capital: Underwriting Approach
A fundamentally different approach to the reinsurance business
- Focus on downside on a deal-by-deal basis
- Fewer, bigger deals that are important to our clients and to us
- Focus on deal economics
- Bottom-up approach to underwriting portfolio
- Portfolio is sum total of good opportunities
- Small team of highly skilled generalists
Greenlight Capital: Measure of Performance
Greenlight Capital: Where are the opportunities going forward?
Remain in relatively short duration lines with exposure to primary and low excess layers
We expect to continue to have concentrations in:
- Florida Homeowners (limited wind)
- Employer Stop Loss
- Non-standard Automobile
Health, including employer stop loss, may grow as a result of opportunities from full implementation of ACA
Rate changes in U.S. commercial lines and workers’ compensation may make these areas more attractive
U.K. market opportunities are expected to increase as a result of our efforts in Ireland