The trading dynamics of Plug Power Inc (NASDAQ:PLUG) continues to fascinate me (and fortunately, PLUG has been good to me). Let me pose a simple series of questions/thoughts to illustrate why PLUG continues to fascinate and perplex me:
- Historically significant news is not being released daily, yet Plug Power Inc (NASDAQ:PLUG)’s shares trade as if this were the case (recently, PLUG has traded 30-100%+ of its market cap… DAILY).
- I know many $500-1,000 million market cap stocks that might trade 5-15 million $ daily (i.e. trades 1%-3% of market cap daily).
- It usually is a highly rare event for a company’s stock to trade over 20-30% of its market cap.
- It is a very, very, very, very, very rare event for a company’s stock to trade 50-100%+ of its market cap.
- I’ve never seen a legitimate company’s stock (of material size) trade like this before.
- If I’m a CEO of a $500-$1,000 million market cap company, I would not understand why another company’s shares trades 30-100+% of its market cap 5-15 trading days consecutively, especially absent commensurate news/developments
Here is how Plug Power Inc (NASDAQ:PLUG) has traded since I first wrote about it (fyi, I’m following PLUG, and writing about it, largely because I’m quite fascinated by what i see as a obviously anomalous activity… the kind of activity that, if I a regulatory body, I would flag immediately and investigate within 48-72 hours):
|PLUG – 30%-100%+ of its Market Cap Traded EVERY DAY recently. Why? NOT due to news.|
|Date||Open||High||Low||Close||Volume||Adj Close||Value Traded|
5 Charlie Munger Quotes Every Investor Should Know
Charlie Munger is perhaps best-known as the vice chairman of Berkshire Hathaway, where he has been Warren Buffett's longtime business partner. As well as holding this position, he also servers as the chairman of the Daily Journal Corporation and is a director of Costco Wholesale Corporation. Munger started his investment career in the 1960s when, Read More