Post Market News
Stocks that were active in U.S. trading on Friday include Restoration Hardware Holdings Inc (NYSE:RH), Casey’s General Stores, Inc. (NASDAQ:CASY), Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation (NASDAQ:SWHC), Generac Holdings Inc. (NYSE:GNRC) and Cempra Inc (NASDAQ:CEMP).
- U.S.: Dow Jones: 15,097.34 (-0.52%), S&P 500: 1,628.63 (-0.47%), Nasdaq: 3,427.99 (-0.51%)
- World Markets: Shanghai: 2,162.04 (+0.64%), Nikkei 225: 12,686.52 (+1.94%), Hang Seng Index: 20,969.14 (+0.39%), TSEC: 7,937.74 (-0.18%), FTSE 100: 6,308.26 (+0.06%), EURO STOXX 50: 2,667.32 (+0.21%), BSE Sensex: 19,177.93 (+1.86%)
- Metals: Gold: $1,377.80 (0.00%), Silver: $21.96 (+1.75%), Platinum: $1,445.00 (-0.15%)
- Currency: EUR/USD: 1.3329 (-0.12%), USD/JPY: 94.36 (-0.53%), GBP/USD: 1.5685 (-0.07%), USD/CAD: 1.0175 (-0.08%), USD/CNY: 6.1308 (-0.06%), AUD/USD: 0.9586 (-0.20%)
- 10 year U.S. Treasury: 2.13% (0.00), 30 year U.S. Treasury: 3.30% (-0.01)
Market & Economy Update
Data showed today that consumer sentiment declined from six-year highs in June, while manufacturing rose in May after two straight months of weakness. U.S. stock markets extended their decline on Friday as investors booked profits. The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 115.69 points to 15,060.39, the S&P 500 Index was down 10.08 points to 1,626.28, while Nasdaq plummeted 21.64 points to 3,423.73.
Stocks In Focus
Restoration Hardware Holdings Inc (NYSE:RH)
Restoration Hardware reported first quarter profit of 6 cents a share on revenues of $301 million. Analysts polled by Thompson Reuters were expecting 4 cents in earnings and $299 in revenues. Restoration Hardware also announced they hired Richard Harvey of Williams Sonoma as its new chief merchandising officer for its kitchen and tableware division. Restoration Hardware also issued better than expected current quarter guidance. Shares rose 16.94 percent to end the session at $68.96.
Casey’s General Stores, Inc. (NASDAQ:CASY)
The convenience store chain’s fourth quarter earnings inched up 0.9 percent to 66 cents a share amid stronger revenues. Casey’s General Stores, Inc. (NASDAQ:CASY) reported a revenue of $1.81 billion. However, earnings missed Wall Street expectations. Shares fell 4.09 percent to $60.70.
Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation (NASDAQ:SWHC)
The gun maker issued preliminary fourth quarter earnings that were better than the company’s own estimates. Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation (NASDAQ:SWHC) earned 44 cents a share on revenues of $179 million. Wall Street analysts were expecting 40 cents in earnings with $171 million in revenues. Shares rose 5.16 percent to end the session at $9.78.
Generac Holdings Inc. (NYSE:GNRC)
Generac Holdings said in a statement that certain funds of its biggest shareholder CCMP Capital have decided to sell 6.5 million shares of the company. Generac will not receive any proceeds from the sale. As of May 1, the company has 68.4 million outstanding shares. Generac Holdings Inc. (NYSE:GNRC) shares closed the session 2.24 percent lower to $34.84.
Cempra Inc (NASDAQ:CEMP)
The biopharmaceutical company has announced it will sell an unspecified number of shares. Cempra Inc (NASDAQ:CEMP) has 24.9 million shares outstanding. Shares plummeted 13.90 percent to end the session at $7.