This year’s Value Investing Congress is scheduled for May 6-7, 2013 in Las Vegas (further details below). It’s an event where value investors from around the world network with each other and share their wisdom. Some of the most successful value investors who have a track record of beating the market uncover various investment opportunities, evaluate companies and reflect on their misjudgements to help you improve your performance.
Investors from around the world will be coming to listen to the value investing legends at the Value Investing Congress. Among them is Steven Romick, the co-managing partner of Los Angeles-based First Pacific Advisors, LLC. Romick, who manages $21 billion in assets, is widely known for openly criticizing the Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke.
Romick believes that Bernanke’s current policies may force the dollar to lose its reserve currency status. In his fourth quarter letter, Steven Romick discussed the key factors to success. Romick said that investors today are taking much bigger risks than they admit, and that will create a serious problem going forward.
Here is a glimpse at what you’ll learn during the two-day event:
- Avoid costly investing mistakes most money managers make
- Learn to differentiate between a really competitive moat and a short-term advantage
- Identify the different types of “hidden” red flags in financial statements
- Identifying opportunities in international markets
- Uncover the activist investing opportunities to boost the value
- Assessing intrinsic value
- Techniques to analyze and value distressed debts
- How investing legends make behavioral finance work for them
- Appraise the capital management decisions of the company management
The Value Investing Congress was founded together by John L. Schwartz, the chairman of Schwartz Tilson Information, Inc. and Whitney R. Tilson, the founder and managing partner of T2 Partners LLC. Tilson and Schwartz observed after attending several investment conferences, that most of them were either too superficial or too short. So they designed the Value Investing Congress where experts can share their unique perspective and newbies can question them directly.
But hurry! The early registration discount ends on April 19, 2013. Register before that and ValueWalk readers can save $700.
Discount Code: S13VW10
Expiration: April 19th