A resource page devoted to Wilbur Ross page has been added to ValueWalk.
2. We have added some new calculators to the site this week . We have also added a mobile site, which is still being fixed up. More announcements to follow.
3. We will be adding 1-2 investor resource pages a week.
Below is a partial excerpt followed by link to full page, which can also be found under Value investors –> https://www.valuewalk.com/activist-investors/ –> https://www.valuewalk.com/wilbur-ross-resource-page/
Brief excerpt below:
THE BANK EATER
What is worrisome about that is the U.S. standard of living. I think it is very difficult to envision our standard of living being preserved if we are in an economy where all people do is flip hamburgers, wait on people in stores and sue each other. It’s not much of a basis for an economy.” – Wilbur Ross
- A renowned vulture investor
- Is the chairman of W.L.Ross & Co., and a veteran of the distressed international investing community.
- Non-Executive chairperson of the board, International Coal Group Inc
- Independent Director, ArcelorMittal, SA
- Director, Assured Guaranty Ltd.
- Director, BankUnited Inc.
- Director, Greenbriar Companies Inc.
- Independent Director, Sun Bancorp, Inc.
- AGE: 72 years
- SOURCE: Vulture investing, self made
- RESIDENCE: Native of New Jersey, resides in Palm Beach.
- COUNTRY OF CITIZENSHIP: The United States of America
- EDUCATION: A.B from Yale University, M.B.A (with distinction) Havard University.
- MARITAL STATUS: Thrice married.
- CHILDREN: 2
WL ROSS & COMPANY
WL Ross & Co. is one of the world’s foremost turnaround groups. They invest in, streamline financially distraught corporations, and endeavor to create new, topnotch enterprises. Their all-embracing information, vision and permanence suggest a dissimilar benefit when assessing and cultivating new investment opportunities, particularly in niche markets.
Their experience in troubled securities started in 1976 when Wilbur L. Ross Jr. led the worldwide bankruptcy advisory practice at Rothschild Inc. For over a decade, his team assisted in restructuring more than $200 billion in liabilities in major corporate restructurings and bankruptcies in North America.
In 2000, Mr. Ross established his own company with $440 million in investor money and a staff that includes the entire current investment committee. This entire establishment joined Invesco Ltd. in 2006, enhancing their strong institutional platform and global capabilities.
THE FOLLOWING NOTABLE AWARDS
- 2010 Best U.S. Turnaround Investor, Private Equity Exchange
- 2009 Top 20 Closed LBO Deals for Bank United Financial Corp, Buyouts Magazine
- 2008 Turnaround Deal of the Year for International Automotive Group North America, The Merger & Acquisition Advisor Turnaround Awards
- 2007 Best Deal More than $100 million for International Automotive Components Group, Crain’s M&A Awards
- 2006 International Deal of the Year for the Turnaround of Plascar Participacoes Industriais S.A, The Merger & Acquisition Advisor
- 2006 One of the Twenty Most Influential Private Equity Funds of All time: WLR Recovery Fund II, Crain’s M&A Awards
- 2006 Private Equity Firm of the Year, The Merger & Acquisition Advisor
- 2005 Alternative Manager of the Year Nominee, Money Management
- 2003 Boutique Middle Market Private Equity Firm of the Year, The Merger & Acquisition Advisor
- 2003 Turnaround of the Year, Buyouts Magazine
- 2002 Public to Private Deal of the Year, Buyouts Magazine
- 2002 Middle Market Deal of the Year, Buyouts Magazine
The son of a lawyer and schoolteacher, Wilbur Louis Ross grew up in a well to do New Jersey family and attended Yale, his father’s alma mater. Wilbur Ross Sr. later became a judge. At Yale, he worked extensively for the Yale literary magazine, and once considered being a writer. After finding writing not his axe to grind, he turned his attention to finance, earning his Bachelors from Yale, and attending Havard School of Finance and Business Studies, and earning his M.B.A with distinction. With such high credentials, it was no surprise that he quickly was snapped up by the banking giant ROTHSCHILD in the mid 1970s. Here he spent nearly a quarter of a century establishing himself as one of the most prominent bankruptcy advisers in the country. Here his entrepreneur spirit took over and itching to jump into the fray himself, he went beyond traditional advisory assignment and launched a 200$ million distressed equity fund for Rothschild. Somehow, there was a growing friction between the firm’s advertising clients and investing the firm’s money. Restricted to do want he did not want to, the sixty-year-old veteran went solo, launching W.L.Ross & Co. with $440 million in funds and a small staff he recruited from Rothschild.
View Full Page Here: https://www.valuewalk.com/wilbur-ross-resource-page/