ValueWalk.com, an online resource for worldwide Business news, wishes to support students in the pursuit of a Business degree. Students enrolled in other majors may also apply for the scholarship program if able to contribute an essay dealing the business subject matter.
The scholarship is made available to any student accepted or enrolled into a college or university degree program. Participants enrolled in a higher learning degree granting program from any country may apply for the scholarship program.
A total award of $2000 is granted over the course of the year to students who submit a winning essay on the Business topic of value investing.
This is an annual scholarship program.
Questions to be answered in your Essay / Application:
- Please tell us your favorite stock idea and why (Must be over $100 million market cap and long ideas or neutral only -no shorts, can be other asset class besides equity).
- Detail catalysts, valuation, competitors and/or any other reasons you think investors are overlooking this security.
- Please disclose if you own any securities discussed.
- We will not be able to process the application unless you fulfill these requirements.
- The article must be at least 450 words – max length is unlimited
2 prizes will be awarded for each of the two essay submission contests. One for the most votes and the other as our staff favorite.
Please make sure to discuss at least one specific security in detail so we can process your application. The essay itself should be about the security you wish to discuss (not your bio or other information). You are welcome to submit other information as a separate attachment.
Please see the current submissions below. You can vote for your favorite application by sharing the article on Facebook using the buttons below or at the bottom of the post itself. It may take a few hours for vote changes to be reflected after sharing on Facebook. You may also need to clear browser cache to see the updated totals.
Scholarship submissions will close around the date specified above but you will still be able to vote until winners are actually announced.
PREVIOUS Scholarship Program Winners
- H12021 ValueWalk contest – The scholarship prize was awarded to Emre Tichelaar of University of Houston and Alyssa Ardai of the Merrimack College.
- H22020 ValueWalk contest – The scholarship prize was awarded to Krista Davidson on University of Cape Town and Samantha C. Cardenas of The University of Tampa.
- H12020 ValueWalk contest – The scholarship prize was awarded to Emre Tichelaar of University of Houston and John Li of New York University.
Thank you all for participating, and sharing your stock ideas with our readers. Good luck!
Please email [email protected] with any questions you have.
by Latroy Leon Lodge
In this essay I will be expounding on a stock idea of my choice (which is AMC) and explaining the catalysts of this stock along with my personal views on what the stock should be worth, the company’s competitors and reasons why the security is being overlooked within this industry.
by Alyssa Ardai
Intuitive Surgical was founded in 1995 to create innovative, robotic-assisted systems that help empower doctors and hospitals to make surgery less invasive than an open approach. Since the da Vinci and Ion surgical systems became one of the first robotic-assisted systems cleared by the FDA for general laparoscopic surgery, they’ve taken robotic-assisted surgery from “science fiction” to reality. Working with doctors and hospitals, they’re continuing to develop new, minimally invasive surgical platforms and future diagnostic tools to help solve complex healthcare challenges around the world.