Lucille Jones, Analyst, Deals Intelligence, Refinitiv comments: “Rivian’s IPO could make its debut on Nasdaq as early as next week and could raise in excess of US$8 billion. At US$8 billion the IPO would be the 7th largest US company IPO of all time, the largest since Uber raised US$8.1 billion in 2019. It would also be the 2nd largest listing on Nasdaq of all time, after Facebook which raised US$16.0 billion in 2012.”
Many famous hedge fund managers engage in philanthropy, often through their own foundations. Leon Cooperman of Omega Advisors founded his foundation with his wife Toby, and he invested the foundation's funds into many hedge funds and other assets. Q3 2021 hedge fund letters, conferences and more Here are Leon Cooperman's favorite hedge funds based on Read More
A Record Pace Of IPOs
- A total of 1,793 initial public offerings have been recorded globally so far during 2021, 67% more than the number recorded during the same period in 2020 and the highest year-to-date tally since our records began in 1980.
- Together these stock exchange debuts raised a record US$346.1 billion, more than double the proceeds raised during the same period last year and already exceeding the all-time full year record of US$316.0 billion, set in 2007.
- These figures do not include listings of special purpose acquisition companies, which have raised an additional US$144.5 billion globally so far during 2021.
- Nasdaq is the most popular venue for IPOs by both proceeds and by number of deals. A record $76.1 billion has been raised on Nasdaq so far during 2021, already 42% more than the proceeds raised during the whole of 2020 and higher than any full year total since our records began in 1980.
- A total of 262 new listings have been recorded so far during 2021, a 90% increase in the number of listings from this time last year and a number last exceeded 21 years ago during the dot-com boom.
The Most Popular Venue For IPOs
- New York is the next most popular venue for IPOs by proceeds so far this year.
- $52.1 billion has been raised from 93 new listings so far during 2021, a seven-year high by both proceeds and number of listings.
- Hong Kong follows with 266 IPOs raising US$69.6 billion. The number of flotations increased 220% from this time last year, while the dollar value more than quadrupled to a fourteen-year high.
- Technology was the leading sector with 360 tech companies going public so far during 2021, more than any other year-to-date period since 2000.
- These companies raised a combined US$99.3 billion, accounting for 29% of total IPO proceeds raised so far this year.
Sources: Data - “Refinitiv Deals Intelligence” | Commentary - “Lucille Jones, Analyst, Deals Intelligence, Refinitiv”