Monaco takes property pole sitting 1,508% ahead of F1 house price average
Monaco: The Most Prestigious F1 Location
This Sunday, Formula 1 heads to perhaps the most iconic track in the racing calendar in Monaco and research by the leading high-net-worth mortgage broker, Enness Global Mortgages, has revealed that it also takes pole position where property values are concerned.
The research by Enness shows that on average, property values across the 22 nations to feature in the 2021 F1 race schedule sit at £2,549 per square meter on average.
However, with property values in Monaco averaging £40,991 per sqm, it’s by far the most prestigious F1 location from a property standpoint, coming in at 1,508% more than the average across all F1 destinations.
Singapore is the only other F1 host nation to see property values hit five figures, with the average price sitting at £13,130 per sqm, 415% above the average of all F1 locations.
Japan takes the final spot on the podium at £6,365 per sqm, with France, Australia, Austria, the UK, the Netherlands, Belgium and Italy also ranking within the top 10 and home to above average property prices.
In contrast, Turkey is home to the most affordable F1 house price at just £543 per sqm, coming in -79% below the average of all F1 nations.
At £735 per sqm, Saudi Arabia also offers a good level of F1 house price affordability, as does Mexico (£861), Russia (£871) and Brazil (£938).
Global Real Estate Grid Domination
Managing Director of Enness Global Mortgages, Hugh Wade-Jones, commented:
“Although the capacity for this weekend’s race is limited, there’s always a great buzz around Monaco when the F1 comes to town. It really is the pinnacle of the Formula 1 calendar and so it comes as no surprise that Monaco also continues to dominate the global real estate grid.
Monaco is essentially the most exclusive community in the world with only the very wealthy in a position to join. This consistent demand coupled with a limited number of opportunities to climb the Monaco property ladder means that property will always maintain it’s value and we’re unlikely to see Monaco overtaken by any other global destination, no matter how up and coming they may be.”
|Grand Prix||Location for price||Average Property Price (Sqm)||Vs Average of All F1 Destinations|
|Monaco Grand Prix||Monaco||£40,991||1508%|
|Singapore Grand Prix||Singapore||£13,130||415%|
|Japanese Grand Prix||Japan||£6,365||150%|
|French Grand Prix||France||£4,914||93%|
|Australian Grand Prix||Australia||£4,667||83%|
|Austrian Grand Prix||Austria||£4,395||72%|
|British Grand Prix||United Kingdom||£4,282||68%|
|Dutch Grand Prix||Netherlands||£3,584||41%|
|Belgian Grand Prix||Belgium||£2,804||10%|
|Italian Grand Prix||Italy||£2,802||10%|
|United States Grand Prix||United States||£2,554||0%|
|Spanish Grand Prix||Spain||£2,544||0%|
|Portuguese Grand Prix||Portugal||£2,254||-12%|
|Abu Dhabi Grand Prix||United Arab Emirates||£2,148||-16%|
|Bahrain Grand Prix||Bahrain||£2,053||-19%|
|Hungarian Grand Prix||Hungary||£1,667||-35%|
|Azerbaijan Grand Prix||Azerbaijan||£1,020||-60%|
|Brazilian Grand Prix||Brazil||£938||-63%|
|Russian Grand Prix||Russia||£871||-66%|
|Mexico City Grand Prix||Mexico||£861||-66%|
|Saudi Arabian Grand Prix||Saudi Arabia||£735||-71%|
|Turkish Grand Prix||Turkey||£543||-79%|
|Average of all F1 Destinations||£2,549||N/A|
- Enness Global arranges high-value mortgages and finances secured against prime real estate in the UK and internationally.
- They work exclusively with over 500 global lenders to secure the best terms based on individual circumstances.
- They offer cohesive global mortgage solutions via a network of international offices and understand the intricacies of individual market places.
- Enness CEO, Islay Robinson, co-founded the company in 2007 and his expertise have recently been recognised by The Spear’s 500 Guide to the best private client advisers and also by Tatler, being the first HNW Property Financer to be included in their address book.
- Co-founder of Enness and Managing Director Hugh Wade-Jones is a widely recognised industry leader, winning Best Broker for Large Loans for three consecutive years, and described by the Financial Times as the to go mortgage broker for the super rich.Both have decades of industry experience between them and are unrivalled in their knowledge of the sector.