Important note: on 1/06/2017 – we just switched paywall systems – everyone from our old method was transferred over you can login here and reset password here. If you are still having trouble please contact us ASAP at [email protected] we will help ASAP.
See more info at bottom, you can sign up below. Note you MUST click activation link after you sign up to set your login. Please check spam for email. If you do not receive one contact us at [email protected] and we will do it manually.
New features will be introduced to the paywall, which will be customized further in the coming months, but below are the main points.
- NEW – Ad free version! See the big difference between the same article here for regular readers, and here for premium readers
- Everyone will be able to read new articles
- Readers accessing (most) old content will be able to view several articles, after which point they will be asked to pay a few dollars a month to gain access to our archives.
- Full time students, those who work in journalism, education or at non-profits are welcome to receive a free pass. Just contact us at [email protected] with subject line “Paywall” and we will set you up asap.
- We offer discounts for multiple users at institutions – please contact [email protected] for further discounted rates
- Get all 12 of our in-depth investor books
- Knowing you are supporting quality journalism and not listicles of watermelon contests. We have worked with FINRA, SEC, many other regulators, and even Secret Service on potential fraud related to stories we have covered.
- Receive a $50 discount for our yearly subscription to HiddenValueStocks.com
- All payments are processed securely through paypal – you can even sign up if you do not have an account simply by using a credit card – if you would like to pay by check, wire, or other methods please contact us at [email protected]
As always, readers are welcome to donate, although if you are trying to choose between donating to a good charity and ValueWalk, we obviously insist you pick the former! That said, we look forward to using this extra money to keep our progress going and provide more valuable journalism. I hope to write a post on that topic of what the goal of financial journalism should be, so stay tuned.
Jacob, Founder, ValueWalk.com
SIGN UP NOW
Some of you may have noticed a paywall for some content over the past few weeks. We reluctantly ran a test of charging a nominal fee for our old content and another one for asking those with ad-blockers to turn them off or pay a nominal fee (we hope to introduce tiered pricing shortly), to our wild surprise, the results of the tests were incredible and we have hundreds of subscribers just a few months after the test.
Some content older will cost a small fee. Although we are profitable without any paywalls, despite much competition, we need more money to pay good wages, support our growth and (unfortunately) cover increasing legal costs due to unethical and immoral legal trolls, and we want to diversify our business model further.
What are payment options?
Paypal – yearly and monthly – prices change but it is currently is $59.99 or 6.99 monthly – you can use a credit card on paypal even if you do not already have an account. If you want to pay by check/ACH or other method that is fine just contact us.
Can i cancel?
Yes at any time!
How do i cancel?
Please TRY first to do via Paypal it is easy one click of a button. It is very easy and here is a short guide. If you still need assistance contact us.
Do you offer refunds?
What if i have issues?
Then please contact us at support or info @valuewalk.com and we will try to help you ASAP
What do you offer?
Explained above but in short a totally ad free version of site with access to some of our best older material
Why not use adblock?
- Some need and normal functions of the site unrelated to ads do not work with ad blockers
- You cannot access a lot of our great content with an ad blocker
- You should support quality journalism.
Do you have support?
Yes if you have any issues please email us [email protected] and we will get back to you ASAP. While we are always available 9-5 on business days we highly value our paying subs so we will try to help as quick as we can. That said the system is pretty self explanatory and besides refunds discussed above or passwords which you could reset there is not much service usually needed, but please contact us with any questions.
What is the discount for organizations?
It depends on how many logins you want but we always offer a decent discount if over 5 and even if just 2 we can offer a slight discount.
Can i share my login?
It is illegal. Will we sue you? No, but it is not cool especially since we are not a giant like Netflix (not judging on that either but at least they have billions in revenue) and the price is not unreasonable at all – so you might want to consider signing up for another pass instead and/or donating.
Who gets free passes?
Anyone involved in creating news/analysis (big or small), is a full-time student, teaches, or works at a non profit. If you contact us we will set you up ASAP, no proof needed just contact us from your work/student email and that suffices.
If you are an outside contributor you can also receive a free pass.
Is the adfree version ad-lite or adfree?
No ads – see below
What if I am still seeing ads?
On mobile if you see ads go to bottom and click on classic version of the site
Sometimes we test new ads or features and forget to disable them for adfree version. If you are logged in and still seeing ads please contact us ASAP at [email protected] so we can disable that unit.
Do you offer support?
A limited amount for basic issues (where it is our fault we will help as much as we can), but we cannot hold your hand for $59.99 a year. If you are going to be an annoying customer who calls/emails with lots of irrelevant and annoying questions and does not know basic site navigation please donate $5000 a year or do not subscribe.
We believe that “the customer is always right” is mostly true but 1% of the time it is not and those 1% can be a real pain to deal with.
95% of the time we have no issues with customers and we add free months if we cause
What are the investor studies?
In-depth books on famous investors and value investing. Nearly every book was produced in house by our Rupert Hargreaves and it took considerable time and money. We did not outsource overseas to try to get some quick cheap book written – these studies are quality and cost thousands of dollars to produce. The full list below
- George Soros
- Benjamin Graham
- Henry Singleton
- Michael Burry
- Ray Dalio
- Charlie Munger
- Warren Buffett (early years)
- Walter Schloss
- Timeless Reading
- Little e-book of value investing
- Seth Klarman
- Carl Icahn
- Small cap investing
- Activist Investing
- Short selling (coming soon)