Said to be released to challenge Amazon’s Echo Dot, the Google Home Mini has been selling like pancakes since its release. The Home Mini has an always-on assistant, but it’s packed into a smaller and more affordable form factor. One of the main selling factors for this new device this Cyber Monday is it almost has all the great features of other similar speakers at just below $50.
Since it is in direct competition with Amazon’s Echo dot, finding it one on Amazon may be pretty hard.
Here’s a great Ebay deal for the Amazon Home Mini for just $38
- 360 Sound with 40mm driver
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Support
- Always-on Google Assistant: Yes
- Dimensions: 98 x 42 mm
- Weight: 173g
- Connect wirelessly to any any speaker with built-in Chromecast, so you can always ask Assistant to throw your tunes over to that device.
- Available in Light Gray, Dark Gray, and Coral Red
- The Home Mini is best suited for those that live deep in Google’s ecosystem
- Good sound quality for Voice Responses
- Attractive design
- Plays nicely with Google Cast products
- Incredible value
- Has a microphone switch that enables you to turn off active listening
- Capability to stream music through an assortment of music apps like Pandora, Spotify, YouTube Music, iHeartRadio and more
If you’re looking around for a reasonably priced speaker, the Google Home Mini will do the trick. Keep in mind that it’s best viewed as a supplement to the Google Home family. This device’s specialty, aside from a small speaker, is mainly to reward those who are already within Google’s Cast-enabled walled garden with an affordable, new device.
Overall, the Google Home Mini is the most affordable Google Assistant-enabled speaker available with good voice recognition that doesn’t suffer from the reduction in size and price compared to the Google Home. Whether shouting from across the room or speaking gently 10 feet away, the Home Mini yielded similarly great results.