Whitney Tilson’s email to investors discussing 7 top YouTube reviews of the Ford Mustang Mach-E; Tesla, trading at $650, gets $90 price target from JPMorgan; Volkswagen board backs CEO’s electric-car focus; cool chart.
Get The Full Ray Dalio Series in PDF
Get the entire 10-part series on Ray Dalio in PDF. Save it to your desktop, read it on your tablet, or email to your colleagues
Ford Mustang Mach-E Reviews
1) From a friend:
I summarize the seven YouTube reviews of the Ford Mustang Mach-E by the top car reviewers in the world:
- It’s as good as the Jaguar i-Pace, except less expensive.
- It’s extremely similar to Tesla Model Y, except a little better here and there.
- He doesn’t like the sunroof. Too much sun; would like to block.
- Range estimates likely conservative, unlike Tesla which is rated very aggressively.
- He likes most everything about it, except the Mustang name.
- Real-world range seems to match Tesla Model Y, despite the difference in rating.
- She doesn’t like that it’s called a Mustang, because it’s electric.
- She prefers the feel and sound of the classic V8 rumble, so the Mach-E is no good.
- She doesn’t like the seating position, which is too high inside the cabin.
- She likes the quality construction, quality interior and general fit and finish.
- Quirks and features: Nobody finds them like Doug DeMuro.
- He likes most everything about it, except how the front trunk opens and closes.
- He absolutely loves the handling and steering.
- He thinks it beats the Tesla Model Y in almost every way.
- He doesn’t like the brake feeling, but likes most everything else.
- He is generally positive, but not a fan of the brake feeling.
- He loves the setting menu in the big screen. Others pointed that out too.
- He loves the steering and handling.
- Better ride quality than the Tesla Model Y.
- He doesn’t like the brake feeling.
- This version of the Mach-E is rated at 270 miles, but he managed 304 miles.
- Ford is beating Tesla to legal hands-free driving.
- He would pick it over the Tesla Model Y.
4) Cool chart: