Whitney Tilson’s email to investors discussing 7 top YouTube reviews of the Ford Mustang Mach-E; Tesla, trading at $650, gets $90 price target from JPMorgan; Volkswagen board backs CEO’s electric-car focus; cool chart.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Reviews
1) From a friend:
Odey's Brook Absolute Return Fund was up 10.25% for the third quarter, smashing the MSCI World's total return of 2.47% in sterling. In his third-quarter letter to investors, which was reviewed by ValueWalk, James Hanbury said the quarter's macro environment was not ideal for Brook Asset Management. Despite that, they saw positive contributions and alpha Read More
I summarize the seven YouTube reviews of the Ford Mustang Mach-E by the top car reviewers in the world:
- It’s as good as the Jaguar i-Pace, except less expensive.
- It’s extremely similar to Tesla Model Y, except a little better here and there.
- He doesn’t like the sunroof. Too much sun; would like to block.
- Range estimates likely conservative, unlike Tesla which is rated very aggressively.
- He likes most everything about it, except the Mustang name.
- Real-world range seems to match Tesla Model Y, despite the difference in rating.
- She doesn’t like that it’s called a Mustang, because it’s electric.
- She prefers the feel and sound of the classic V8 rumble, so the Mach-E is no good.
- She doesn’t like the seating position, which is too high inside the cabin.
- She likes the quality construction, quality interior and general fit and finish.
- Quirks and features: Nobody finds them like Doug DeMuro.
- He likes most everything about it, except how the front trunk opens and closes.
- He absolutely loves the handling and steering.
- He thinks it beats the Tesla Model Y in almost every way.
- He doesn’t like the brake feeling, but likes most everything else.
- He is generally positive, but not a fan of the brake feeling.
- He loves the setting menu in the big screen. Others pointed that out too.
- He loves the steering and handling.
- Better ride quality than the Tesla Model Y.
- He doesn’t like the brake feeling.
- This version of the Mach-E is rated at 270 miles, but he managed 304 miles.
- Ford is beating Tesla to legal hands-free driving.
- He would pick it over the Tesla Model Y.
4) Cool chart: