They've released their top deals of 2019, which hints at what deals to expect for this year:
A few years ago, crypto hedge funds were all the rage. As cryptocurrencies rose in value, hundreds of hedge funds specializing in digital assets launched to try and capitalize on investor demand. Some of these funds recorded double-digit gains in 2020 and 2021 as cryptocurrencies surged in value. However, this year, cryptocurrencies have been under Read More
- Apple Airpods and JVC TVs were in the mode demand on Black Friday 2019
- Last year the busiest time on the Currys PC World website was 9-10am. Shop before then to catch your favorite items while stock lasts.
- Black Friday 2019 saw prices being slashed by as much as £300 on select items at Currys PC World, with TVs and laptops seeing some of the most competitive price cuts
While it’s likely that Black Friday 2020 will look a bit different this year, by no means does this mean that it is cancelled. To make sure you make the most of the Black Friday sales this year, Currys PC World has released the Insider’s Guide to Black Friday, packed with tips and tricks for bagging the best bargains.
Top tips for Black Friday 2020
With all of the Black Friday deals to be found online this year, there are a few ways shoppers can make this work to their advantage, from bookmarking product pages to signing up to newsletters in the lead up, so they’re the first to find out about the best offers.
Here are a few more tips for making the most of Black Friday this year:
- Last year the busiest time on the Currys PC World website was 9-10am. Shop before then to catch your favourite items while stock lasts.
- Create a wishlist of what you hope to buy on the day. Apple Airpods, Shark vacuum cleaners and JVC TVs were in the most demand on Black Friday 2019.
- Listen to classical or chilled out electronic music to keep yourself feeling relaxed as you shop.
Andy Barrat, Head of Online Marketing at Currys PC World says:
“Given the climate this year, Black Friday is going to be an online focused event. This isn’t to say that shoppers won’t get the true ‘Black Friday experience’ though – in fact this is far from the case! Not only will it be a far more relaxed experience, being able to take part from home, but customers will have access to even more deals and more stock by shopping via our website. What’s more, it’s much quicker and easier to find what you’re looking for. Plus, with our ShopLive feature, you can video call our in-store experts from home to seek advice and ask any questions you may have about our products. Once you’ve found what you want, you can order for home delivery or use our order and collect service at a time that suits you.”
How big was Black Friday 2019?
- There was an average of 138 orders per minute on the Currys PC World site on Black Friday 2019
- Currys PC World saw a record 385k online shoppers visit the site between 9-10am
- Enough 55”+ TVs were ordered to build the Shard over 187 times if they were stacked up end-to-end
- Enough kettles were sold to make over 48,600 cups of tea simultaneously
Black Friday 2019 was pretty huge, but we think 2020 can top it! Last year Currys PC World received a whopping 125k orders on the day, working out to two a second. It’s evident that shoppers were so eager to bag a bargain on their desired tech, they shopped over breakfast, with traffic to the site and orders peaking at 9am. What’s more, more people shopped via mobile (48% of orders) than ever before, with mobile traffic peaking at 6am. There were further spikes in visitors to the site at 12pm and 6pm, when many took a lunch break or left work for the day.
Currys PC World top deals of 2019
- £200 off select OLED and QLED TVs
- Top brand fridge freezers from £299
- Up to £150 off gaming gadgets
- Up to £300 off Chromebooks
Last year, Black Friday saw prices being slashed by as much as £300 on select items at Currys PC World, with TVs and laptops seeing some of the most competitive price cuts. This year, deals will be just as enticing, with savings to be had on TVs, laptops, gaming, home appliances, smartwatches and much more.