Black Friday data and insights as compiled by CouponBirds – based on tracking of approximately 300,000 unique visitors to their site in the lead up to holiday shopping season including Black Friday and Cyber Monday in 2018.
1. Shorter Holiday Shopping Season For 2019
This year, Thanksgiving falls on November 28th, which means consumers have just 26 days to get their shopping done for Christmas compared to last year’s 32-day shopping season. This is the shortest shopping season since the 2015 launch of CouponBirds, and we predict consumers will be on the hunt for special deals and trending products earlier than usual.
Baupost’s Seth Klarman: the Fed has broken the stock market [Q4 Letter]
Baupost founder Seth Klarman told investors that the large amounts of stimulus that have been poured into the world's economies are masking the severity of the problems caused by COVID-19. Q4 2020 hedge fund letters, conferences and more In a letter seen by the
2. 2019 Trends Include Popular Influencer Brands
CouponBirds predicts many of 2018’s top-selling big-ticket items will still be hot products for the 2019 holiday season:
- Amazon Echo Dot
- AncestryDNA kits
- 6-Quart Instant Pot Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker
- Bose QuietComfort 25 Acoustic Noise Canceling Headphones
3. How many visitors have you received over the last few years on BF/CM? (How many visitors on each day in 2018, 2017.)
|DUV||Black Friday||Cyber Monday||A typical day|
Holiday shopping season major trends
4. Over the course of the year, what have people been searching for on CouponBirds the most leading up to the holiday season?
|Fashion Nova||Fashion retail|
5. The retail giants aren’t the only brands making their mark during the holiday shopping season. During 2018’s Black Friday, stores and products owned by YouTube and Instagram influencers were part of the Top 20 most-visited brands for couponers searching CouponBirds.com for special discounts.
Data shows consumers purchase their favorite influencer’s brand more often during promotional sales, which influencers tend to broadcast ahead of the holiday season.
6. Additional holiday shopping tips (based on CouponBirds direct relationships with retailers) include:
* Retailers with a 24-hour schedule like Walmart often hold back their special Black Friday stock until 12 am, but these deals can go fast. Your shopping plan should prioritize the best Black Friday deals for your favorite items.
* Remember that retailers like Staples, Best Buy and Bed, Bath & Beyond frequently allow items to be shipped to the store for free rather as opposed to you shipping the item to your home aat an extra cost to you.