Now that the WWDC 2019 keynote speech is in the books, iOS 13 Beta 1 is available to download and install. This isn’t a public beta, which means it’s only open to developers. iOS 13 Beta 1 is compatible with the iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, X, 8, 7, 6s, 6s Plus, and SE. It’s also compatible with tie iPad Air 2 and newer and the seventh-generation iPod touch and newer.
To download and install the iOS 13 Beta 1, you must be registered with the Apple Developer Program.
How to download and install iOS 13 Beta 1
This should go without saying, especially for developers, but the first beta version of any operating system is typically prone to bugs, so it’s a good idea to download and install it on a backup device rather than your primary one. Also don’t forget to back up the device you install it on using iCloud.
Trident Fund LP June 2020 Performance Update: “Don’t Fade the Fed
Trident Fund LP performance update for the month ended June 30, 2020. Q2 2020 hedge fund letters, conferences and more The Trident Fund LP returned +1.1 percent in June, and the fund is +8.3 percent net year to date. The motto “Don’t Fade the Fed” dominated global macro events in June and led the Trident Read More
- If you’re not enrolled in the Apple Developer Program, then you’ll need to do that by clicking here. Also make sure iTunes is updated to the newest version on your Mac or PC.
- Log into your Apple Developer account using your Apple ID via this link (it’s not available at the time of this writing, but the link should work when Apple finishes updating it for iOS 13 Beta 1.
- Register the Unique Device Identifier (UDID) for the device you want to download and install iOS 13 on. The UDID can easily be found by plugging the device into iTunes, choosing it from the list, and then clicking on the serial number.
- Within the Account section of the Apple Developer Program, go to Certificates > Identifiers & Profiles.
- Under “Devices,” select “All” in the left panel.
- Click the + sign in the right panel and then enter the UDID of the device you want to download and install iOS 13 on.
- Go to Resources > iOS > Download and choose the device from the menu to start downloading the firmware.
- After iOS 13 Beta 1 has been downloaded and installed, you must extract the .zip file to actually get the .ipsw file you’ll need to install.
- With the iOS device connected to your Mac or PC via the appropriate cable, press the Alt key (on Macs) or the Shift key (on Windows PCs) and then click on “Restore iPhone.” iTunes will ask you to pick the file you want to install.
iTunes will then install iOS 13 Beta 1 on your device. This may take a while, depending on the devices you’re using. After it’s downloaded and installed, the iOS device will automatically reboot, and you will have a chance to try out the new features Apple is adding this year.