As camera and smartphone technology advances, more and more consumers have access to a device capable of shooting 4K videos. However, there are still some drawbacks to 4K videos because they take up a lot of space, and not all devices support the technology yet. Thus, many people find themselves using a 4K video converter.
Quality converting products can Convert HEVCs to MP4s or convert MKVs to MP4. In this post, we’ll explain how to use a 4K video converter and explain how you can get a 4K video converter for free.
Tollymore Investment Partners 2Q20 Letter: ESG ≠ sustainable investing
Tollymore Investment Partners letter to investors for the second quarter ended June 30, 2020. Q2 2020 hedge fund letters, conferences and more Dear partners, Tollymore generated returns of +19% in the first six months of 2020, net of all fees and expenses. Investment results since inception are shown below: Tollymore's Raison Detre Tollymore is a Read More
Why compress and convert 4K videos?
Advancements in technology have made it easy to shoot 4K videos using GoPro or DJI devices, DSLR cameras, iPhones or Android devices. However, playing these videos back can be a challenge. For example, playback in VLC or iMovie can be choppy. Frames can be dropped, the audio and video can be out of sync, or there may be no sound on the video at all.
Sometimes the videos can look blurry when played back, and sometimes they won’t even play at all due to a format issue. Additionally, 4K videos are bulky and take up a lot of space. However, a 4K video converter like WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe can help you get around all these problems by compressing and converting videos.
WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe
WinX supports all 4K videos and can convert any 4K format from GoPro, DJI, DSLR, iPhone X or Android devices. It can convert an HEVC to MP4 or convert an MKV to MP4. Here are some of the features of WinX:
- Convert videos to more than 200 formats.
- Convert 4K or 1080p videos to be watched on the iPhone XS/X, iPad, Xbox and Samsung, Huawei, or Sony devices.
- Compress large 4K videos to 1080p or 720p for easy storage.
- Edit, trim, crop, split, or merge videos, add subtitles, and adjust other parameters.
- Process 4K videos at top speeds with high quality and level-3 GPU acceleration.
- Download online 4K videos and create photo slideshows from them.
How to use WinX HD 4K Video Converter
Here’s how to convert a 4K MKV video to MP4 or convert an HEVC to MP4:
- Download the software here.
- Load the MKV files you want to convert in the converter by clicking “+ Video” in the bottom-left corner of the interface. Then browse to the file(s) you want to convert. You can convert more than one at a time be selecting multiple files
- After you have selected a file to convert, the Output Profile panel will pop up automatically. Choose the preset MP4 output profile you want.
- Change the destination folder to save the converted video to a particular folder. The default setting is C:UsersadminVideosWinXVideos and then click “Run.”
Here’s how to convert an HEVC to MP4:
- Download the WinX software here.
- Click the “+” button to load the video from a local media library or download a video directly using the converter by clicking “YouTube” and following the download wizard.
- Go to Output Profile > General Profiles > MP4 Video (codec: h264 + aac). You can even encode the video to H.265 by choosing “HEVC video” under the “PC General” menu.
- Click “OK” and then “Run” to convert the HEVC to MP4.
Get a 4K video converter free
As you can see, WinX is an easy-to-use video converter for all your video needs, and now there’s an easy way to get a 4K video converter free. To get the WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe free, all you need to do is participate in their giveaway campaign. In addition to the software, you can also win a set of Bose headphones and other accessories. All you need to do is enter your name and email address here. The giveaway is open until June 14.