Investors David Einhorn, Jeff Gundlach and Larry Robbins are a few of the distinguished speakers who will present at the 24th Annual Sohn Investment Conference on May 6, 2019 at Lincoln Center in New York City. Supporting the Sohn Conference Foundation’s mission to treat and cure pediatric cancer, the highly anticipated event will once again bring together the global financial community for an exciting day of stock picks and market insights.
ValueWalk will again be covering this great event which goes to a fantastic cause sohn conference foundation please stay tuned for that!
A few years ago, crypto hedge funds were all the rage. As cryptocurrencies rose in value, hundreds of hedge funds specializing in digital assets launched to try and capitalize on investor demand. Some of these funds recorded double-digit gains in 2020 and 2021 as cryptocurrencies surged in value. However, this year, cryptocurrencies have been under Read More
Globally Recognized Investors To Unveil New Market Insights At 24th Annual Sohn Investment Conference
World-renowned conference gathers financial community to raise millions for treatment and cure of pediatric cancer
New York, NY – April 2, 2019 – The Sohn Conference Foundation today announced the speaker lineup for its 24th Annual Sohn Investment Conference in partnership with CNBC and 6th Annual Next Wave Sohn, to be held May 6, 2019 at Lincoln Center in New York City. The Sohn Investment Conference in partnership with CNBC is recognized worldwide as the original and premier investment idea conference. Since its inception in 1995, The Sohn Investment Conference has convened the global financial community for a highly-anticipated, fast-paced day of new market insights with the mission of raising critical funds for pediatric cancer and other childhood diseases.
“This year’s Sohn Investment Conference will build upon the legacy of Sohn as a unique platform for exchanging ideas with other leading investors and thinkers,” said Graham Duncan, Co-Chair of The Sohn Investment Conference. “Attendees return year after year because of the caliber of the ideas presented, which makes the Foundation’s work to treat and cure pediatric cancer possible.”
The 24th Annual Sohn Investment Conference will feature presentations in the signature format, as well as fireside chats.
The speaker lineup for the 24th Annual Sohn Investment Conference:
- Bihua Chen, Founder and Portfolio Manager, Cormorant Asset Management, LP
- Patrick Collison, Chief Executive Officer, Stripe
- Laura Deming, Managing Director, Longevity Fund
- David Einhorn, President, Greenlight Capital, Inc.
- Tim Ferriss, Investor, Best Selling Author, and Top-Ranked Podcaster
- Spencer Glendon, Concerned empiricist and Founder, Probable Futures
- Jeffrey Gundlach, Chief Executive Officer, DoubleLine Capital LP
- Christopher R. Hansen, President and Founding Partner, Valiant Capital Management, L.P.
- Ryan Heslop, Co-Founder & Portfolio Manager, Firefly Value Partners, LP
- Sir Michael Moritz, Partner, Sequoia Capital
- Gabe Plotkin, Chief Investment Officer and Founder, Melvin Capital Management LP
- Larry Robbins, Founder, Chief Executive Officer, Portfolio Manager, Glenview Capital Management, LLC
- Daniel Sundheim, Founder and Chief Investment Officer, D1 Capital Partners
- Josh Waitzkin, Extreme Athlete, Peak Performance Specialist
- Ariel Warszawski, Co-Founder & Portfolio Manager, Firefly Value Partners, LP
- Dr. Joon Yun, President, Managing Member, Palo Alto Investors LP
“The Conference is a unique opportunity to network with industry peers and hear investment insights from the best in the business – all to benefit an important cause of funding pediatric cancer research, which receives only four percent of the National Cancer Institute budget,” said Christine Hamner, Co-Chair of The Sohn Investment Conference. “We are grateful that influential sponsors and the global financial community come together to support a great conference and a worthy cause.”
“The Sohn Investment Conference is an unparalleled day of innovative market insights presented by speakers who rarely share them publicly,” said Keith Johnson, Co-Chair of The Sohn Investment Conference. “Our exceptional speaker list continues to set the standard of excellence globally, and the new fireside chats will provide a forum for must-see leaders to dive into meaningful conversations. This is an opportunity for finance professionals, all of whom have been affected by cancer in some way, to put their intellect and ambition behind the cause of advancing cancer research.”
In addition to the flagship afternoon program, the Foundation will host the 6th Annual Next Wave Sohn. Next Wave Sohn features the most promising emerging leaders of the finance community, who present their best investment ideas in the distinct format of The Sohn Investment Conference.
The speaker lineup for the 6th Annual Next Wave Sohn:
- Angela Aldrich, Managing Partner & Portfolio Manager, Bayberry Capital Partners LP
- Matthew J. Smith, Chief Executive Officer & Chief Investment Officer, Deep Basin Capital LP
- Parvinder Thiara, Chief Investment Officer, Athanor Capital, LP
- Todd Westhus, Founding Partner, Chief Investment Officer, Olympus Peak Asset Management LP
- Lauren Taylor Wolfe, Managing Partner, Impactive Capital LP
“We are excited to once again partner with The Sohn Investment Conference for this important event, which raises money for pediatric cancer,” said Nick Dunn, Vice President and Managing Editor of CNBC Business News. “Our unique access to the worldwide investment community and unparalleled global-reaching platform allows us to help amplify the impact of this news-making conference, bringing on-stage interviews and resulting headlines into financially-minded homes and offices around the world.”
The Sohn Conference Foundation also announced its inaugural Host Committee. Compromised of prominent Chief Investment Officers, the Committee will ensure that The Sohn Investment Conference is both a place to hear great ideas from the stage while getting business done in the seats of David Geffen Hall. With over 20 members, the Host Committee is committed to making The Conference an important stop on the financial tour as well as the premier fundraiser for pediatric cancer.
Host Committee members include:
- David Ben-Ur, Chief Investment Officer, CAM Capital/Caxton Alternative Management
- Craig Bergstrom, Managing Partner & Chief Investment Officer, Corbin Capital Partners
- Michael Buchman, Vice President & Co-Chief Investment Officer, Conrad N. Hilton Foundation
- Ashvin Chhabra, President, Euclidean Capital
- Brian Clifford, Managing Partner, East End Advisors, L.L.C.
- Amy Falls, Chief Investment Officer, The Rockefeller University
- Amy Fisch, Chief Investment Officer, Sidney E. Frank Foundation
- Shane Galie, Managing Director, CornerStone Partners, LLC
- Ken Glassman, CEO & Chief Investment Officer, RWN Management, LLC
- Mitch Golden, Portfolio Manager, Greenlight Masters
- Jonathan Harris, Chief Executive Officer, Alternative Investment Management, LLC
- Jennifer Heller, President & Chief Investment Officer, Brandywine Group Advisors
- Charles Honey, Partner, Private Advisors, LLC
- PJ Huizenga, Principal, Huizenga Capital Management
- Jeff Kelly, Partner, Summit Rock Advisors
- Randy Kim, Chief Investment Officer, Rainwater Charitable Foundation
- Meredith Landers Barth, Managing Director, Meritage Group LP
- Susan Manske, Vice President and Chief Investment Officer, John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
- Edgar Nehme, Chief Investment Officer, Keystone Group, L.P.
- Deborah Orida, Senior Managing Director & Global Head of Active Equities, CPPIB
- Alex Robertson, President, Tiger Management
- J. Morgan Rutman, President, Willoughby Capital Holdings, LLC
- D. Ellen Shuman, Managing Partner, Edgehill Endowment Partners
For more information about The Sohn Investment Conference, visit http://www.sohnconference.org.