Are you the owner of a young automotive company? Then you might want to hear about impregnation technology. For those of you who don’t know, impregnation is the process of chemically coating electronic parts to improve their quality. Common benefits include reduced resistance and enhanced mechanical performance. Impregnation techniques work in a variety of ways. Some just apply a simple coat to the component, while others may need a heat treatment.
What Is Impregnation Technology?
Have you ever had customers send complaints about your products going completely dull? The solution could lie in impregnation technology. To sum it up, the process requires coating a metal part, usually the part that conducts heat and electricity. Components may include a copper wire or a heat exchanger. The coat can be a single or double layer of resins, varnishes, and industrial chemicals. Most techniques use heat to settle and activate the product. We recommend getting one to increase durability and resistance.
David Einhorn Buys Three New Stocks: These Are The Names And Theses (Q3 Letter)
David Einhorn's Greenlight Capital funds returned 5.9% in the third quarter of 2020, compared to a gain of 8.9% for the S&P 500 in the same period. This year has been particularly challenging for value investors. Growth stocks have surged as value has struggled. For Greenlight, one of Wall Street's most established value-focused investment funds, Read More
Why Do I Need Impregnation Technology?
All the bigger automotive and electronic brands make use of impregnation technology. The technology can help you in a number of ways. Such as reducing costs on repairs, increasing customer satisfaction, and much more.
- The elongated lifespan of the electrical components. Normally, they tend to lose conductivity and their ability dissipates over time. Impregnation helps to preserve the quality.
- Better customer satisfaction, ultimately leading to a higher repute and lesser return rate.
- Lesser money spent on repairing and refurbishing returned products. If your products won’t go bad, then you won’t have to repair much.
- Heat exchangers maintain their capacity even after months of use.
- Easier transfer of heat and electricity with little to no resistance.
- Strength and resilience even at higher temperatures. The chemical treatment tends to insulate the parts. This allows them to function better and lose lesser free electrons.
- Increases resistance towards shock and trauma.
How Is Impregnation Performed?
Implementation of impregnation technology takes place by a variety of methods. In general, the product is first dipped or trickled with the sealing compound. Then the temperature is increased and the components are allowed to cure. Finally, the whole system is left to cool down to eventually finalize the curing process.
Impregnation requires the following steps:
Step 1: Preheating
In this, the product is coated with the sealing solution (resins, varnishes, sealants, etc.).
- Trickling is when the product is rotated rapidly about its axis in the presence of the fluids.
- Roll dipping requires dipping the rotating product in the resin or varnish This allows even tiny holes and slots to be coated.
- Hot dipping involves heating the component to allow viscous resins to pass through the slots.
Step 2: Gelling
Gelling changes the temperature of the substance to achieve a suitable temperature. The methods for doing this are various, but most of them involve inserting some type of heating gel into the resin.
Step 3: Curing
The product is then left at the required temperature for some time. The exact temperature and time vary according to the shape, size, density, and material used in the product. Curing helps to strengthen the resins.
Step 4: Cooling
Once cured, the product is then left to cool down. This can be done by keeping the component in a freezer of a moderately low temperature. You can also leave the component out in the open to cool off naturally.
Now the component is ready for use with whatever industrial processes you wish to include it in. Your customers will be more satisfied, durability will be increased, and hearts will be won.