If you have been waiting to buy a new iPhone, now is a great time to get one. Some of the best iPhone Black Friday deals are already live, and many more will go live over the next few days to celebrate Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Almost every major retailer and carrier in the US is offering lucrative deals in the form of instant discounts, bill credits, and gift cards that you can use to purchase other products. Here we take a look at the best iPhone Black Friday deals. We have tried to find out discounts on all iPhones ranging from the iPhone XS Max to the tiny iPhone SE.
Apple itself has teased that it would host a 4-day shopping event on its website starting November 23rd. The tech giant hasn’t yet revealed which products would be on sale and what discounts to expect. We expect Apple to offer Apple Store gift cards on purchases during the Nov.23-26 shopping event. Last year, it offered gift cards worth up to $150 on the purchase of select products. Given Apple’s history, we are not expecting any massive savings. Carriers and retailers tend to offer much better deals than Apple.
Best iPhone Black Friday deals: iPhone XS Max, XS, and XR
Consumers are more excited about the latest and greatest iPhones rather than the older (and cheaper) models. So, let’s check out the deals on the newest models first.
- Walmart: The retailer is offering a $300 Gift Card on the purchase of the iPhone XS, XS Max, or XR. If you are thinking of getting the $750 iPhone XR, this is one of the most lucrative deals you could get. However, you have to activate the device through AT&T, Sprint, or Verizon. The offer is in-store only. Walmart’s deals go live on Nov.22 at 6 pm and will run through Nov.23rd.
- Verizon: The carrier will happily reduce the price of the iPhone XS, XS Max or XR by $100 if you trade-in your current phone. But if you are switching from another carrier to Verizon or adding a new service line to your account, it offers a handsome $300 discount. Of course, you’ll still have to trade-in your current phone. The offer starts online on Nov.22 and will run through Nov.25th
- T-Mobile: T-Mobile’s offer is available right now, and it’s one of the best iPhone Black Friday deals you can get. The carrier is giving a free iPhone XR, iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus on the purchase of the iPhone XS or XS Max. If you don’t want those devices, T-Mobile could give you up to $750 off the price of the XS or XS Max. The savings come in the form of bill credits over 24 months. You have to trade-in your old smartphone and add a new line to be eligible for the deal.
- US Cellular: US Cellular is giving a free iPhone XR if you switch to the carrier’s unlimited plan. The existing US Cellular customers on a Total Plan can also get up to $250 discount on select models. The deal is live now, and will last until Nov.26.
- Sprint: Sprint allows you to pick up a free iPhone XR when you lease an iPhone XS, XS Max, or XR. You’ll have to pay for the ‘free iPhone XR’ upfront, meaning you’ll get savings in the form of bill credits. The offer runs between Nov.21 and Dec.2.
- Target: The retailer is offering a $250 Gift Card to people buying the iPhone XS or XS Max between Nov.23-25. The offer is valid on in-store purchases only. You’ll get the gift card only if you activate the device on Sprint, AT&T, or Verizon.
- Best Buy: The retailer is offering up to $150 savings on the purchase of iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR. The sale starts November 22 at 5 pm. Best Buy also requires you to activate the device with Verizon, Sprint, or AT&T.
Best iPhone Black Friday deals: iPhone X, iPhone 8, 8 Plus, and older models
- Amazon: The online retailer is offering the 128GB iPhone 7 for just $531, down $118 from its official price of $649. Last year’s iPhone X is also available at a discount of $199 on Amazon. You can also get other older iPhones at steep discounts right now.
- Best Buy: Best Buy is selling the two-year-old iPhone 7 for just $10/month, offering savings of $150. But you have to activate the device on AT&T, Sprint, or Verizon. The sale starts Nov.22 at 5 pm. The iPhone 6S is also available at just $100, and you can choose between Total Wireless and Simple Mobile carriers. Best Buy is also selling the iPhone SE for just $80.
- Verizon: The carrier is offering last year’s iPhone X at a discount of $400. You don’t have to trade-in your existing smartphone. However, the carrier requires users to buy it on a payment plan. You’ll get the savings in the form of bill credits spread over 24 months. It has another offer running where you get $200 off the iPhone X with same terms and conditions.
- Walmart: You get a huge $400 gift card on the purchase of the iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus. The offer is irresistible, especially if you shop frequently at Walmart. You are required to activate the device through Sprint, AT&T, or Verizon. The deal is in-store only, and goes live on November 22 at 6 pm. You can also get the iPhone 6S Plus for $299 at Walmart with Straight Talk’s service. The iPhone 6 is available at $99 and the 4-inch iPhone SE can be picked up at just $80.
- Target: The retailer is offering a $150 gift card on the purchase of older iPhones such as the iPhone X, iPhone 8 or 8 Plus. The offer is valid only on in-store purchases between Nov.23-25. You’ll get the gift card only if you activate the device on Sprint, AT&T, or Verizon.
These are the best iPhone Black Friday deals you can find. Buying the older iPhones is a great way to save money because those devices are already cheaper than the latest ones.