The Black Friday is just around the corner. Retailers and carriers have started announcing their Black Friday smartphone deals to attract customers during the shopping season. If you have been waiting to buy a brand new phone, you can take advantage of the Black Friday promotions to score a great deal on the latest offerings from Apple, Samsung, Google, and other vendors. Black Friday this year falls on November 23rd, and retailers tend to get going with their deals a few days earlier.
Retailers are offering some major price cuts (or cashbacks, gift cards, etc.) on the iPhone XS, XS Max, Galaxy Note 9, Google Pixel 3, and a bunch of other smartphones. More often than not, retailers offer much better Black Friday smartphone deals than carriers.
Best Black Friday deals on Apple smartphones
Do not expect any big promotions directly from Apple on the iPhone XS, XS Max, or older iPhones. Even when it does offer Black Friday deals, they are downright disappointing. Here are some of the best ones from retailers:
The latest Robinhood Investors Conference is in the books, and some hedge funds made an appearance at the conference. In a panel on hedge funds moderated by Maverick Capital's Lee Ainslie, Ricky Sandler of Eminence Capital, Gaurav Kapadia of XN and Glen Kacher of Light Street discussed their own hedge funds and various aspects of Read More
- Target: It is offering a free $250 Target Gift Card on qualified activation of iPhone XS or XS Max on AT&T, Sprint or Verizon
- Target: Get a $150 Gift Card with qualified activation of last year’s iPhone X, iPhone 8, or 8 Plus on Verizon, AT&T, or Sprint
- Best Buy: Save up to $200 on the iPhone X if you activate the device on A&T, Verizon, or Sprint
- Best Buy: Save up to $150 on the latest iPhone XS, XS Max or XR with qualified activation on AT&T, Verizon, or Sprint
- Sam’s Club: Get a Sam’s Club Gift Card worth up to $300 on select iPhones with activation on installment plan
- Wal-mart: Get a $300 Wal-mart Gift Card when you purchase the iPhone XS, XS Max or XR on a payment plan through Verizon, AT&T or Sprint
- Wal-mart: Get a $400 Wal-mart Gift Card on the purchase of iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone 8 via a payment plan through Verizon, AT&T or Sprint
- Wal-mart: Get iPhone 6 on Straight Talk for just $99 (in-store only). You can get iPhone 6S on Straight Talk for $299, down from the usual $399
- Wal-mart: Get iPhone SE on Wal-mart Family Mobile for just $79, down from $139
Best Black Friday smartphone deals: Samsung devices
- Target: Get a $300 Gift Card on purchase of Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus. The deal is valid only if you activate your new device on AT&T or Verizon
- Sam’s Club: Get a $300 Gift Card on purchase of the Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy S9 or S9 Plus if you activate the device with select carriers
- Best Buy: Save $300 on Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9 Plus with qualified activation on AT&T, Sprint or Verizon
- Wal-mart: The retail giant will give you a $300 Gift Card on purchase of the Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9 Plus, Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus. However, you have to buy the device on a payment plan through Sprint, AT&T or Verizon
- Samsung: The Korean company itself is running a Starter Kit promotion where you get accessories worth $300 if you buy the Galaxy Note 9, S9 or S9 Plus. The accessories include a DeX cable, Fast Charge wireless charging stand, a rugged style cover, and AKG Wireless Bluetooth Noise-canceling headphones
Best Black Friday deals on Google Pixel phones
- Best Buy: Save $200 on Google’s latest Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL smartphones with qualified activation on select carriers
- Target: Target will be giving $200 Gift Card on purchase of Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL between Nov.23 and Nov.25 on qualified activation with Verizon
These are some of the best Black Friday smartphone deals revealed so far. We will see more deals over the next few days. Remember that retailers won’t be selling devices at a loss just for the sake of Black Friday. If you are interested in buying gaming consoles, TVs, smartwatches, tablets, computers, and headphones, check out this post for the most exciting Black Friday discounts.