It’s getting easier to set up your own internet-connected home surveillance system, but that usually still means running cables to power all your fancy HD cameras.
On Monday, D-Link launches the new and much awaited wire free indoor/outdoor HD Camera Kit as part of their third generation of cameras. It’s got everything you can imagine and more. Consisting of two wire-free cameras and a hub, it’s got great quality HD video, night vision, re-chargeable batteries (with a life up to 11 months), 3 different ways to store images, 2 way audio, smart home compatible, free cloud recording for the first year (43.99 after) and more.
What I love about it is you can add more cameras (up to 4) and you can set different rules for detection per camera. And the best bit, it takes literally 2 minutes to set up and install with brackets all included. Oh and it’s about 120 pounds cheaper to it’s closest competitor. Hurrah!
D-Link Unveils Its First Wire-Free Camera Kit For Ultra-Easy, Flexible Home Surveillance
Simple to install cameras and hub offer full HD, 1080p 24/7 remote surveillance, with Alexa and Google Assistant compatibility
London 1 October 2019 – D-Link has unveiled its first 100% wire-free camera kit, the mydlink™ Pro Wire-Free Camera Kit (DCS-2802KT-EU), offering customers a flexible full home surveillance experience, without the inconvenience of needing to drill holes for cables or place cameras near a power source. Powered by high capacity lithium batteries which allow months of operation without the need to recharge, the cameras can be placed virtually anywhere one might need them.
The cameras feature 1080p Full HD video and built-in night vision, making them ideal for 24/7 surveillance both indoors and out.
Consisting of two wire-free cameras and a hub, the compact camera kit is designed to be discreet and easy to setup without compromising on functionality. The hub supports four cameras, so customers can expand the coverage of their surveillance system as needed.
“At D-Link we believe technology should be intuitive, uncomplicated and unobtrusive. People who want to ensure the safety of their property and loved ones shouldn’t have to concern themselves with extra home DIY projects, compromises around where they can place the cameras, or an unattractive tangle of wires ruining their home décor,” said Kevin Wen, President of D-Link Europe.
“These cameras feature all the functionality customers expect from an advanced home security system, but with greater flexibility than ever before,” continued Wen.
With the free mydlink™ app, owners can monitor and protect their homes from their mobile device, and receive automatic notifications of unusual activity on their property. The cameras’ moving object detection together with a PIR motion sensor greatly reduces the chance of false alarms, so when you are notified via the app you know something’s actually moving, rather than being disturbed by falling rain or passing clouds.
Purchase of the camera includes 12 months’ Premium Cloud Recording plan (43.99GBP), which stores unlimited motion triggered videos for up to 14 days. Alternatively, the cameras support local recording to an on-board SD card slot or to private and secure cloud storage. Captured video can be played back directly from the cloud or downloaded, and the two-way audio feature enables people to both listen and talk through the camera through their mobile device.
Full compatibility with Alexa and Google Assistant enables owners of these cameras and compatible connected streaming devices such as Google Chromecast and Amazon Fire TV Stick, to use voice commands to access live feeds to monitor their homes.
Key benefits include:
- 100% wire-free –for true flexibility cameras can be placed indoors or outdoors without the need to drill holes through walls or install close to a power source
- Extended battery life – ultra low standby power consumption provides months of operation between charges
- Cloud recordingincluded – includes 12 months Premium Cloud Recording plan (worth €49.99), which stores unlimited motion triggered videos for up to 14 days
- Expandable – The hub supports up to four wire-free cameras, so you can add additional cameras when needed
- High quality camera – high-quality 1080p Full HD resolution provide a clear picture of your home or business
- Night vision– integrated night vision allows you to see up to 7.5 metres even in complete darkness
- Optional local storage – integrated microSD card slot and USB port allow you to store videos locally
- Advanced motion detection – smart moving object detection together with PIR motion sensor to greatly reduce false alarms
- Smart home compatible – works with mydlink Smart Home devices, Amazon Alexa, the Google Assistant and IFTTT
- Two–way audio– allows customers to listen to sounds near each camera and talk through each camera via their mobile device
Availability and Pricing
441.99GBP INC VAT
For more information, please visit: https://eu.dlink.com/uk/en/products/dcs-2802kt-eu-mydlink-pro-wire-free-camera-kit
D-Link has designed, developed and manufactured award-winning networking, wireless, video surveillance, storage and home automation solutions for over 31 years. As a global leader in connectivity, D-Link is transforming business networks and equipping businesses to operate more efficiently. It is also a key enabler of the smart home, making it easy and affordable for people around the world to monitor, automate and control their home from anywhere, anytime using their smartphone or tablet.
D-Link’s extensive ranges of innovative, high-performing and intuitive technologies are available for both businesses and consumers through its global network of channel and retail partners and service providers.