Seeking Alpha Pro rebrqanded to Seeking Alpha Essential see the announced below per an email from the company seen by ValueWalk
In February, we launched Seeking Alpha PRO. We have renamed it Essential, reflecting our aspiration that Seeking Alpha be an essential destination for successful investors.
At this year's annual Robin Hood conference, which was held virtually, the founder of the world's largest hedge fund, Ray Dalio, talked about asset bubbles and how investors could detect as well as deal with bubbles in the marketplace. Q1 2021 hedge fund letters, conferences and more Dalio believes that by studying past market cycles Read More
Seeking Alpha Essential is priced at a level we believe is accessible to most investors: $19.92/month (=$239/year). Still, some users aren’t yet ready to pay. In this letter, I would like to address these users, as well as users who already subscribe or would consider subscribing to Essential.
I’ll start with the first group. You may be asking: In February, you made single-stock articles more than 10 days old exclusive to Essential members. Do you plan to further limit site use for non-paying community members?
My answer is: unequivocally no. The opposite.
- Since launching Seeking Alpha Essential, we have increased our opinion and analysis articles by 10%, and raised compensation for authors who write high-quality investment research. All of this is available to the entire community.
- Since launching Essential, we have increased Breaking News coverage by 20%. All of this is available to the entire community.
- Since launching Essential, we have reduced the ad load for all users, and improved our quote pages by introducing new tools to help you better research stocks. For example, charts to track dividend yield, yield on cost, dividend growth, dividend history and payout ratios.
In other words, introducing Essential has enabled us to invest more in the Seeking Alpha experience for everyone. Since day one, our mission has been to empower investors to make smarter, better-informed investment decisions. We remain fully committed to that mission for all investors, whether or not they choose to become Essential members.
Now to those who already subscribe or would consider subscribing to Essential. What are the benefits of being an Essential member?
Seeking Alpha Essential members get access to a growing number of exclusive features, including:
- Unlimited article and transcript access: Tens of thousands of in-depth single-stock articles, and companies’ earnings-call transcripts going back more than a decade. After 10 days and 90 days respectively, these are exclusive to Essential members.
- Powerful research tools:
- Find the best articles on any stock: Essential subscribers can look for the best articles on any stock using the Editors’ Picks filter.
- Find the bear and the bull perspective on any stock: Essential subscribers can compare long and short cases using the Long and Short Case article filters.
- Compare stocks. Seeking Alpha Essential subscribers can compare stocks using the tools on symbol pages. For example, using the Valuation tab on symbol pages you can compare the P/E ratios of the stock you’re looking at with other stocks in your portfolio.
- Dividend investing on steroids: Symbol pages for dividend stocks include a scorecard with ratings for Relative Yield, Dividend Consistency, Dividend Safety and Dividend Growth. On the homepage, Essential subscribers get Trending Dividend Stocks and Dividend Increases.
- Exclusive newsletter: The Idea Guide is an exclusive newsletter for subscribers. It digs through Seeking Alpha articles to highlight potentially interesting and actionable long and short ideas, and visits hotly discussed stocks to uncover potential lessons and identify takeaways.
- Stock ideas based on what you already like: Many investors want to find similar stocks to those they already own. Our new Peers tab on symbol pages allows you to do that, and to find competitors and alternatives you should be aware of.
- Enhanced alerts: Seeking Alpha’s Breaking News email alerts are often short. With your Essential subscription, you get the full text in your inbox, rather than having to click through to read the news. With your Seeking Alpha Essential subscription, you can also stop getting email alerts about articles by authors you don’t like by muting them.
And we’re just getting started. As our subscriber base grows, we plan to invest more in our product and increase the value we deliver to you.
We are proud to be the world’s largest investor community. It’s the authors, commenters and readers that make Seeking Alpha unique. Thank you for being part of that.
P.S. We’d be thrilled for you to test drive Seeking Alpha Essential. We allow users two weeks’ access for free. Here’s where you can sign up to try it out.