Activists angry over the Government’s handling of hurricane maria head to Trump’s home.
WHAT: A national coalition led by Power 4 Puerto Rico, the Latino Victory Project and Alianza for Progress, will close the week-long national commemoration of the devastating landfall of hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico, with a rally and vigil at the Meyer Amphitheater in West Palm Beach. Prior to the vigil, a caravan will tour around Mar-a-Lago to raise awareness about the 3,000+ deaths caused by Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico, and the need for the Federal government to provide fair funding for the rebuilding of the island.
Over 1,000 people are expected to participate in the event, including noted speakers. Over 20 buses will transport individuals of Puerto Rican and non-Puerto Rican heritage, community organizations, faith leaders, and other partners to join performers and other celebrities in South Florida. The Caravan will depart from Hollywood, FL, making its way around Mar-A-Lago, and finally to the Meyer Amphitheater for the Hurricane Maria rally followed by a vigil at sunset.
- Luis Miranda, Jr., Chairman, Latino Victory Fund
- Melissa Mark-Viverito, Campaign Director, Power 4 Puerto Rico
- Marcos Vilar, President and CEO, Alianza for Progress
- Renowned Tropical artist Frankie Negrón
- Hip-Hop Pioneer SieteNueve
- Pop and Jazz Sensation Lunna
- Danny Rivera, Jr.
- Negro González, “El Artesano de la Impro,”
Thousands of Hurricane Maria advocates, religious and community leaders
WHEN: September 22, 2018 at 3:00 pm EST
WHEN: Saturday, Sept. 22, 2018 (all times local)
- 12:00 PM: Caravan departs from the parking lot of Home Depot, 3401 Oakwood Blvd, Hollywood, FL 33020
- 12:45 PM: The Caravan is expected to circle Mar-A-Lago between 12:45pm and 1:15pm. The press is invited to cover the Caravan’s kick off in Hollywood, and also its exit from Mar-a-Lago in the safe area immediately by the Tide Bridge, at Bingham Island.
- 3:00 PM: Rally with guest speeches and appearances by noted artists. Baby Trump blimp will be on display. Meyer Amphitheater: 105 Evernia St, West Palm Beach, FL 33401
- 6:00 PM: Vigil in remembrance of 3000+ fatal victims of Hurricane Maria. Vigil participants will cross S. Flagler Drive to the promenade, where they will hold candles and host a prayer service.