Famous British scientist Stephen Hawking, known for his breakthrough ideas in theoretical physics and space research, has died at the age of 76. The famous professor’s family released a statement, confirming the news of his death.
He died “peacefully at home” in Cambridge.
Hawking’s children said in a statement they were “deeply saddened that our beloved father passed away today”.
Odey Discusses Howard Marks’ Astute Observation On Why Hedge Fund Alpha Is Increasingly Rare [January Letter]
According to a copy of the firm's January investor update which ValueWalk has been able to review, the Odey Asset Management Odey Special Situations Fund returned 7.7% in January, outperforming its benchmark, the MSCI World USD Index, by 8.7%. Q4 2020 hedge fund letters, conferences and more The $60 million fund, which Adrian Courtenay manages, Read More
“He was a great scientist and an extraordinary man whose work and legacy will live on for many years.
“His courage and persistence with his brilliance and humour inspired people across the world.”
Below are some of Stephen Hawking’s favorite quotes:
- Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.
- The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
- I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.
- We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special.
- My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all.
- Life would be tragic if it weren’t funny.
- I have no idea. People who boast about their IQ are losers.
- People won’t have time for you if you are always angry or complaining.
- We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn’t want to meet,
- Not only does God play dice, but… he sometimes throws them where they cannot be seen.