Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds – also known as PUBG – took the gaming world by storm, racking up huge amounts of players after its release that continue to play to this day. PUBG Mobile is an incredibly popular game in China, but outside of the country, we’re not able to play. Fortunately, there’s a way around the country restrictions, and you don’t even have to jailbreak your device.
The PUBG mobile developer Tencent has made the game available for iOS devices, but as mentioned above it’s currently only available in China. While many games with similar names to PC and console titles are just “inspired” by the title, the PUBG mobile game plays an awful like the original that captured the attention of many a gamer. There have been several changes to the game that make it more efficient for mobile devices, but at its heart, it’s the same old PUBG we’ve all grown to love.
Fortunately, there’s a pretty simple way by which you can download PUBG Mobile and try your hand at playing the popular game while on the go. We’ve compiled a list of steps to take in order to get the game up and running on your non-Chinese device.
- Because PUBG Mobile is only available in China, you’re going to first have to change your device’s location and region to China In order to do so, launch the App Store on your iOS device and then click on the avatar on the “Today” tab. At this point, you should see an area that has your name and email address listed.
- If everything went as planned, you’ll now be in the account page. Tap “Country/Region” and change it to China. At this point, you should make sure the address and billing information is all set to None, and then save to exit once you’ve made the changes above.
- Now that you’ve changed your region to China, you should be able to download PUBG Mobile. Simply return to the app store and search for the game, and since your region is now set as China you should be able to download it.
- Download the app as you would with any other app from the App Store. Wait for it to download, and then launch.
- After downloading the app, you can feel free to change your country and region back to that which it was before.
At this point, you should have PUBG Mobile successfully downloaded and ready to play. It’s important to keep in mind that until we see if PUBG Mobile released in the United States, it’s very possible there will be a language barrier when it comes time to play. However, if you’re already familiar with the mechanics of PUBG, it shouldn’t take too long to get yourself started on the PUBG Mobile app – regardless of the fact that it may be written in a language with which you are not familiar.
While PUBG Mobile may not be the same as booting up the game on your PC or favorite console, it’s definitely a worthy substitute that is worth jumping through these hoops to experience.