|Post on differences in value|
In the chart below, I look at the distribution of PE ratios globally, and report on the PE ratio distributions, broken down region, at the start of 2018.
This year has been a record-breaking year for initial public offerings with companies going public via SPAC mergers, direct listings and standard IPOS. At Techlive this week, Jack Cassel of Nasdaq and A.J. Murphy of Standard Industries joined Willem Marx of The Wall Street Journal and Barron's Group to talk about companies and trends in Read More
If you are more interested in operating earnings multiples, the chart below has the distribution of EV/EBIT and EV/EBITDA multiples:
|Download industry spreadsheet|
- Price to Book Equity = Market Value of Equity / Book Value of Equity
- EV to Invested Capital = (Market Value of Equity + Market value of Debt – Cash)/ (Book value of equity + Book value of Debt – Cash)
|Download industry PBV spreadsheet|
Data Update Posts
- January 2018 Data Update 1: Numbers don’t lie, or do they?
- January 2018 Data Update 2: The Buoyancy of US Equities!
- January 2018 Data Update 3: Taxing Questions on Value
- January 2018 Data Update 4: The Currency Conundrum
- January 2018 Data Update 5: Country Risk Update
- January 2018 Data Update 6: A Cost of Capital Primer
- January 2018 Data Update 7: Growth and Value – Investment Returns
- January 2018 Data Update 8: Debt and Taxes
- January 2018 Data Update 9: Dividends, Buybacks and Cash Holdings
- January 2018 Data Update 10: The Pricing Prerogative