The past few weeks have seen a huge leap of progress when it comes to the iPhone jailbreak. As security gets tighter and demand for unlocked devices decreases, work towards jailbreaks for the more recent iOS operating system has been slow. However, developer and iPhone hacker tihmstar has just released the h3lix RC2 iOS 10.3.3 jailbreak, an update from the jailbreak tool released on Christmas eve.
H3lix RC2 iOS 10.3.3 Jailbreak
32-bit devices running iOS 10.3.3 received a full jailbreak courtesy of tihmstar just a few days ago, but there were a number of issues with the first release. A lot of the issues were apparently pretty easy to iron out, however, as the h3lix RC2 iOS 10.3.3 jailbreak released earlier today. The project was made possible with a combination of hard work from tihmstar as well as the crucial v0rtex bug recently discovered by fellow iPhone hacker siguza.
Although the h3lix RC2 iOS 10.3.3 jailbreak update fixes a lot of issues with the initial release, there will doubtless be more issues as more and more people install the program. Early adopters generally serve as test subjects as the details are ironed out, so if you’re looking for a jailbreak with zero problems you may want to wait a little bit before making the jump to jailbreak your phone.
How To Install The Update
Follow the steps below, courtesy of redmondpie, to install the latest h3lix update.
- Download h3lix jailbreak for 32-bit iOS 10.3.3 devices from this link.
- Download Cydia Impactor for your computer from cydiaimpactor.com
- Restore your device to iOS 10.3.3 using iTunes using the iOS 10.3.3 IPSW for your device
- Connect your iOS device to your computer using a USB and launch Cydia Impactor.
- Once sideloaded and the profile has been trusted, launch the h3lix jailbreak app.
- Press the “jailbreak” button and let the program complete the process
- Once the process is completed, you should see a Cydia app on your homescreen.
- You should now be able to run Cydia and install tweaks to your device