Our monthly analysis of gold-backed ETFs and similar products provides detailed information and insight on global trends of gold investment demand through ETFs.
Q2 Hedge Funds Portable Database Now LIVE!!! Letters, Conferences, Slides And More [UPDATED 7/13 14:48 EST]
Simply click the menu below to perform sorting functions. This page was just created on 7/1/2020 we will be updating it on a very frequent basis over the next three months (usually at LEAST daily), please come back or bookmark the page. As always we REALLY really appreciate legal letters and tips on hedge funds Read More
Regional fund flows
- Europe led inflows in November*, as investors added 15.8t (US$622mn, 1.5% AUM) of gold through funds listed in the region
- There were outflows for a second month in a row in North America of 5.4t (US$198mn, 0.38% AUM)
Individual fund flows
- iShares Physical Gold ETC added 7.0t (US$292mn, 3.1% AUM)
- db Physical Gold Euro Hedged ETC added 5.3t (US$195mn, 14% AUM)
- UBS ETF CH-Gold CHF hedged added 4.2t (US$163mn, 19% AUM).
- db Physical Gold ETC EUR added 2.3t (US$95mn, 18% AUM).
- SPDR® Gold Shares led outflows worldwide and in North America with 11.2t (US$451mn, 1.3% AUM) coming out of the fund
- Global gold-backed ETFs collectively hold 2,357t, as funds added 198t of gold, equivalent to $8.5bn, so far, this year, which represents an increase of 8.3% of global AUM from December 2016.
- European funds continued to lead inflows and captured 75% of global inflows this year, adding 143t (US$5.7bn, 14% AUM) of gold to their holdings in 2017
- German-based ETFs account for 34% of global net inflows in 2017. Xetra-Gold alone accumulated 53.3t (US$2.1bn) – a 49% increase year-to-date. However, these funds’ growth halted over the past two months
Article by Gold.org