How to Become Financially World Class, Part 5
Dr. Andrew Stotz (AKA the author here) is having a free webinar for ValueWalk readers (Capped at 100) on Nov 21st on the topic of “top 6 valuation mistakes” enter here
A Look At The Portfolio Of Billionaire Charlie Munger
Charlie Munger is one of the world's greatest investors. Over the past six decades, he's helped his business partner and friend, Warren Buffett, turn a struggling textile business called Berkshire Hathaway into one of America's largest firms. Q3 2020 hedge fund letters, conferences and more If you’re looking for value stocks, and
We know that business is hard, but we believe that the financial aspects should NOT be. World Class Benchmarking is a clear-cut financial tool for that takes the finances of your company from complicated to simple, from scattered to focused, and from individual to team.
How to answer these questions?
- How do I create clear and consistent financial goals?
- How do I get everyone on my team to understand the company’s financial goals?
- How do I make sure that the company’s financial goals do not cause internal competition?
- How do I align my team’s financial goals with my firm’s financial goals?
Top of the triangle
- The top of the triangle is the measure that matters: Profitable Growth
- We rank the company from 1 (best) to 10 (worst)
- We track the company for 5 years
- A company should strive for strong profit growth with minimum asset use
Middle of the triangle
- Profitable Growth rank driven from results of two different measures below
- Strong Profitability means generating more profit from assets
- Earnings per share Growth, the market values it and so should you
Bottom of the triangle
- Results at the top of the triangle are explained by the two items below
- Profitable Growth is explained by the company’s rank against global peers on six different measures, four of them on the bottom of the triangle
- Asset utilization – Revenue generated from assets
- Profit margin – A measure of cost control
- Sales growth – Proves customers want products
- Profit margin change – Internal driver of EPS growth
- Level two and three explain what is the source of Profitable Growth
Now you see the gold of World Class Benchmarking
- By just looking at the triangle you can know about the financial performance of the company
- Profitable Growth matters most
- Everyone understands a 1-10 ranked scorecard
- Like a scorecard in sports the goal is clear to all team members and does not change midgame
- This gets all employees aligned behind one financial goal, to become Financially World Class
Article by Become A Better Investor