The Black Friday is almost upon us. We know that Nintendo’s blockbuster Switch console will be one of the hottest gifts this holiday season. The Japanese company is still trying to keep up with the demand. If you are looking to take advantage of the Nintendo Switch Black Friday deals, here’s all you need to know. We have also rounded up the best prices for accessories and gaming titles.
While there are some lucrative Black Friday offers on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, there are only a few Nintendo Switch Black Friday deals. Nintendo’s console isn’t going to see big discounts. The Japanese company is focusing more on meeting the demand than offering steep price cuts. Nintendo knows that it is going to sell as many Switch units as it could manufacture, irrespective of discounts.
During Black Friday and Cyber Monday, most retailers will be selling the console at its regular price of $299.99 rather than offering discounts. It doesn’t mean you won’t get some good Nintendo Switch Black Friday deals. There are many lucrative deals worth checking out, including on games and accessories.
Nintendo Switch Black Friday deals
- Amazon.com: Nintendo Switch for $299.99
- Meijer: Nintendo Switch for $299.99 (You get $30 off your next shopping trip)
- Target: Nintendo Switch bundle for $299.99
- Best Buy: Nintendo Switch console for $299.99
- Walmart: Nintendo Switch with Neon Blue and Neon Red controllers for $299.99
- GameStop: Nintendo Switch with Gray Joy-Con controllers for $299.99
Deals on Nintendo Switch games
- Walmart: 1-2 Switch available for $29 (save $18)
- Toys R Us: 1-2 Switch for $20 (save $27)
- Best Buy: 1-2 Switch for $25 (save $22)
- Walmart: Legend of Zelda for $49.99 (save $10)
- Walmart: Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for $19.99 (save $30)
- GameStop: Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for $24.99 (save $25)
- Best Buy: Monopoly for $19.99 (save $20)
- Best Buy: EA Sports FIFA 18 for $29.99 (save $30)
- Best Buy: Disgaea 5 Complete Standard Edition for $19.99 (save $40)
- Best Buy: R.B.I Baseball 2017 for $19.99 (save $10)
- GameStop: Just Dance 2018 for $39.99 (save $20)
- GameStop: Super Bomberman R for $29.99 (save $20)
Nintendo Switch Black Friday deals on accessories
- GameStop: Nintendo Switch Racing Wheel 2 Pack for $6 (save $9)
- Best Buy: PowerA Joy-Con Charging Dock for $20 (save $10)
- Best Buy: PDP Nintendo Switch Starter Kit for $20 (save $10)
- Walmart: Nintendo Switch wired controller for $17 (save $7.88)
- GameStop: Nintendo Switch USB-C Car Charger for $6 (save $7)
Nintendo won’t offer discounts on the Switch console
It is unclear whether Nintendo would offer any Black Friday discounts on the eShop. The company has clearly stated that it has no plans to sell the Switch console at discounted prices during the holidays. In an interview with the Washington Post, Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime said, “We’re focusing on making sure we have a robust supply at retail.”
Do not hope for a discount on the Switch console. The best deals you can get during the holidays are bundles, and retailer discounts on games and accessories. Given the massive demand for the console, Nintendo is unlikely to cut the price before the 2019 holiday shopping season. The company had sold 7.4 million Switch units by the end of September. According to the Wall Street Journal, the Switch sales could reach 40-45 million units by the end of the fiscal year 2018-19.
Nintendo Switch is the best gadget of this year
Time magazine has named Nintendo Switch the best gadget of 2017. The magazine said Nintendo Switch was the “first console that’s truly designed for both at-home and on-the-go entertainment.” Gamers will no longer have to choose between playing in the living room or on a small screen while out and about. You can connect the Switch to your TV or play it on the go.
The console’s versatility, along with Nintendo’s incredible lineup of first-party games, is the primary reason the Switch has become such a huge success. Nintendo’s tracking data shows that most gamers do not ignore one mode for another. More than 52% Switch owners play in both the handheld and TV modes. Neither Microsoft nor Sony has a hybrid console to take on the Nintendo Switch.
Popular games to keep attracting buyers to the Switch
Nintendo has many wildly popular first-party titles that gamers won’t find on the Xbox or PlayStation. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is still drawing buyers to the Switch. The game sold 3 million copies during the first month of launch, which indicates that almost every Nintendo Switch buyer purchased the Breath of the Wild. The Super Mario Odyssey was even more popular, selling more than two million copies in just three days of launch.
According to the UK-based Chart-Track, Super Mario Odyssey inspired a 64% increase in the Nintendo Switch sales. These gaming titles should further attract new gamers to the Switch during the holiday season. Nintendo has more than 200 games on the Switch. However, the company says it’s not just about the number of games, but the “steady cadence of great games.”