The Preqin All-Strategies Hedge Fund benchmark returned 0.97% in August, increasing its run of positive performance to 10 consecutive months. All leading strategies made gains, with equity and macro strategies funds each returning 1.07% for the month.
- Fund of funds Business Keeps Dying
- Baupost Letter Points To Concern Over Risk Parity, Systematic Strategies During Crisis
- AI Hedge Fund Robots Beating Their Human Masters
If you need to know everything about new iPhone X - then check our coverage - HERE.
Mangrove Partners Narrowly Avoids “Extinction-Level Event”
- Hedge funds generated gains of 0.97% in August 2017, extending their streak to 10 consecutive months of positive returns. This has helped the Preqin All-Strategies Hedge Fund benchmark post returns of 7.03% in 2017 so far, and 9.79% over the past 12 months.
- All leading strategies produced positive returns for August. Equity and macro strategies funds both generated monthly performance of 1.07%, the highest returns of all leading hedge fund strategies.
- Emerging markets funds were once again the highest performing geographic region, returning 2.47%, which has brought 2017 YTD gains to 12.26%. This has been closely followed by Asia-Pacific-focused funds, which have generated 10.47% over the same period.
- CTAs continued their recent positive run in August, returning 1.27% for the month. CTAs with a predominantly systematic trading methodology helped boost returns, as volatility in energy prices due to Hurricane Harvey in North America provided opportunity for returns.
Article by Preqin