Guam, the island used by the US military as a base, is preparing for a North Korea missile strike according to an official Government press release. The statement of the US territory is literally titled “Guam’s Joint Information Center Fact Sheet: In Case of Emergency…… Preparing for an Imminent Missile Threat” We hope this imminent missile threat is just a precaution and AP did report that there are secret back-channel talks between the US and North Korea ongoing throughout this crisis but this press release will likely scare some on the west Coast at least.
Barclays noted earlier this morning
The escalation in geopolitical risks notwithstanding, we believe part of the pullback in credit has just been a reversal of the significant rally in late June/July. The investment grade and high yield markets were both trading at year-to-date tights/highs in late July. As we highlighted in Tight and Tighter, adjusted for ratings and duration changes, investment grade industrials were trading slightly through 2005-06 average levels.
David Einhorn's Greenlight Capital funds were up 11.9% for 2021, compared to the S&P 500's 28.7% return. Since its inception in May 1996, Greenlight has returned 1,882.6% cumulatively and 12.3% net on an annualized basis. Q4 2021 hedge fund letters, conferences and more The fund was up 18.6% for the fourth quarter, with almost all Read More
Goldman noted that the North Korean crisis hit Korean fund flows.
They state in a research note:
Foreign net buying of bonds reversed to -W10bn, for the first time in six weeks. Net investment was -W0.4trn, staying negative for the second week. Compared with end-July, foreign holdings of bonds with less than 1yr maturity declined the most by W0.8trn.
Below is an excerpt followed by the full document
If Caught Outside
- Do not look at the flash or fireball – It can blind you.
- Take cover behind anything that might offer protection.
- Lie flat on the ground and cover your head. If the explosion is some distance away, it could take 30 seconds or more for the blast wave to hit.
- Take shelter as soon as you can, even if you are many miles from ground zero where the attack occurred – radioactive fallout can be carried by winds for miles. Remember the three protective factors: Distance, Shielding and Time.
- If you were outside during or after the blast, get clean as soon as possible, to remove radioactive material that may have settled on your body.
- Remove your clothing to keep radioactive material from spreading. Removing the outer layer of clothing can remove up to 90% of radioactive material.
- If practical, place your contaminated clothing in a plastic bag and seal or tie the bag. Place the bag as far away as possible from humans and animals so that the radiation it
See the full document from the Guam Government or whatever its called below.