iOS 11 public beta 4 is now available which means we are one step closer to the full public release of iOS 11 – coming this fall. Of course, if you’re reading this, you’re probably the type of person who likes to be on the cutting edge of technology. Waiting until the end of September for a full public iOS 11 release simply won’t cut it. That’s what the iOS 11 beta program is for. Users who opt in can experience the latest flavor of iOS 11 before the general public gets to move on from iOS 10. This article will help you install iOS 11 public beta 4.
First, we should note a few things… If you’re planning on updating your device you should be aware that the iOS 11 beta could have some bugs. Most users have reported that the iOS 11 beta updates have been pretty stable but there have been a few bugs here and there. If this is your daily driver and you aren’t ready to deal with a few bumps then you’re best served waiting for the full public release. Also, if you have already gone through the process of downloading an earlier version of an iOS 11 beta, you should be able to upgrade through the settings rather than follow all of the steps below.
The Price is Right With Dimensional Fund Advisors’
ValueWalk's Raul Panganiban interviews Dave Plecha, Global Head of Fixed Income at Dimensional Fund Advisors. In today’s episode we discuss Dimensional’s approach to fixed income investing. The following is a computer generated transcript and may contain some errors. Q3 2020 hedge fund letters, conferences and more The Price is Right with Dave Plecha, Global Head Read More
Just like with any iOS update; you should back up your device before going through the update process. The chances that something could go wrong are very low but why even risk it, right? Go back up your device and then come back.
Backed up? Good. Now let’s get you up and running on iOS 11. Here’s how to install iOS 11 public beta 4 on your device:
- You will need to be on the latest version of iOS. Update through the settings app if you haven’t already.
- Register with the Apple Software Beta Program here.
- Once you are registered, using the same link above, click “Log In.”
- Accept the terms and conditions. Read them if you really want to.
- On the device that you want to register for the beta program, visit www.beta.apple.com/profile
- Sign in and then tap “Download Profile.”
- When prompted, tap “Install.”
- You’ll see a consent form. Tap “Install” again.
- Restart your device when prompted to install the profile.
- After restarting, you will be able to download and install iOS 11 public beta 4. Go to the “Settings” app, tap “General” and then tap “Software Update.”
That’s it! After that you will proceed just like you would with any other iOS update. That’s all you have to do to install iOS 11 public beta 4. The newest version of iOS has a lot of new features to check out and more customization options. For some of the top iOS 11 features, check out our article here. We also did a piece about the best iOS 11 tips and tricks you should know to make the most of the new version of iOS. If you’re not ready to take the plunge and you would like to wait for the full public release – don’t worry! It won’t be long until iOS 11 is available to all compatible devices. Given Apple’s history, it’s likely we see iOS 11 get a full release around the same time as the iPhone 8 launch.