The Kodi 17.3 Krypton update was rolled out last month. It fixed most of the bugs that users had encountered in the version 17.2. Kodi is an impressive media management program, but it has received some bad press in recent weeks due to the buffering issue, even though developers have stated that 17.3 Krypton is a stable version. Buffering is the most annoying thing to happen when you are streaming video content.
If you encounter the buffering issue on Kodi 17.3 Krypton, it could probably be because of poor Internet service. If you have a stable and high-speed Internet connection, and you still suffer from the buffering problem, it could be because of the 17.3 Krypton itself. Here’s how to fix it. It would require some basic knowledge of Kodi and its interface.
Fix the buffering issue in Kodi 17.3 Krypton
- Launch Kodi on your device, navigate to File Manager and then add http://repo.hackmykodi.com/ as source
- Now select Add-ons and then the package you just added. You can find it near the top left of the screen. Hit Install from Zip and choose the source you just installed
- Next, select Program Add-ons > System settings and select the .Zip file which has Advanced Settings in its name
- Go back to the Add-ons page to launch the Easy Advanced Settings add-on
- Now tap Edit Settings then Network Settings followed by Network
- From the menu that follows, select cacheMemBufferSize. Delete the Disabled text and replace it with 419430300
- Now you’ll be served three different options. Go to buffermode and select 1
- Next, select readbufferfactor. Delete the Disabled text and enter 4
- Finally, take a look at the top of the list. You’ll see double periods. Tap them three times and click Write XML File
That’s all. You’ll now experience a significant reduction in buffering, if not complete elimination of the problem.
Michele Ragazzi's Giano Capital returned 1.9% for March, taking the fund's year-to-date performance to 1.7%. Since its inception, Ragazzi's flagship fund has produced a compound annual return of 7.8%. According to a copy of the €10 million fund's March update, a copy of which ValueWalk has been able to review, Giano's most significant investment at Read More
Kodi 18 Leia to have more exciting features
The Kodi developers have already been working on Kodi 18, which has been named Leia in in honor of late Carrie Fisher. Instead of using their traditional naming system, the developers chose to pay homage to the intergalactic Princess Leia. They haven’t announced an official release date for the final stable version of Kodi 18 yet. Early builds are already available for Windows, Android TV, and other platforms. You can try them if you want, but they may contain tons of bugs.
The Kodi 18 Leia will drop support for Windows Vista when it comes out. If you still use that operating system, you have to stick to Kodi 17 Krypton. Leia brings voice search via Google on Android TV. It means you’ll be able to use Google voice search to scour through your Kodi library from the Android screen. The early builds allow voice search for TV shows, movies, actors, artists, and albums. It will also have Home screen library tiles via Android TV.