With St. Patrick’s Day around the corner and at least $5.3 billion expected to be spent for the holiday this year, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2017’s Best Cities for St. Patrick’s Day Celebrations, along with cool stats about the holiday in its St. Patrick’s Day Fun Facts infographic. Each year, more than 33 million Irish-Americans and fellow partiers worldwide raise pints of Guinness and forkfuls of cabbage in the name of the Ireland’s primary patron saint.
To determine the best cities for celebrating Irish-American heritage, WalletHub’s number crunchers compared 200 of the largest U.S. cities across 16 key metrics, ranging from “Irish pubs and restaurants per capita” to “lowest price for a three-star hotel on St. Patrick’s Day” to “weather forecast.”
This Tiger Cub Giant Is Betting On Banks And Tech Stocks In The Recovery
The first two months of the third quarter were the best months for D1 Capital Partners' public portfolio since inception, that's according to a copy of the firm's August update, which ValueWalk has been able to review. Q2 2020 hedge fund letters, conferences and more According to the update, D1's public portfolio returned 20.1% gross Read More
|Top 20 Cities for St. Patrick’s Day|
|1||Buffalo, NY||11||Naperville, IL|
|2||Madison, WI||12||Rochester, NY|
|3||Boston, MA||13||Cincinnati, OH|
|4||Cedar Rapids, IA||14||Chicago, IL|
|5||Worcester, MA||15||Springfield, MA|
|6||Pittsburgh, PA||16||Springfield, MO|
|7||Akron, OH||17||St. Paul, MN|
|8||Tampa, FL||18||Overland Park, KS|
|9||Philadelphia, PA||19||Sioux Falls, SD|
|10||Cleveland, OH||20||Grand Rapids, MI|
To view the full report and your city’s rank, please visit: https://wallethub.com/edu/best-worst-cities-for-st-patricks-day-celebrations/19603/
St. Patrick’s Day Fun Facts
- 72 Minutes – Interval at which alcohol-related car crashes claim a life on St. Patrick’s Day.
- $3,762 – Cost of an Uber ride from Boston to Dublin, Ohio (versus up to $24,000 for the total DUI cost).
- $1.22 Million – Market value of a leprechaun’s pot of gold, which contains 1,000 gold coins weighing 1 ounce each.
- 13 Million – Pints of Guinness that will be consumed worldwide on St. Patrick’s Day.
- $5.3 Billion – Amount that will be spent collectively on St. Patrick’s Day 2017 (or $38 per person celebrating).
For the full infographic, please visit: https://wallethub.com/blog/st-patricks-day-facts/10960/