If you’re a SnapChat user, 2016 was a pretty good year for your preferred platform. In fact, it was so good that the company released its SnapChat Spectacle device. A quirky little pair of glasses which allow you to catch the moment and share straight to its app. However, what if you also use Instagram, is there a similar solution for you? Unfortunately, no, but, it turns out there is a way to share what is captured by Snap Inc’s spectacles with on Instagram!
The SnapChat Spectacle Workaround
As with all hacks/workarounds what we’re about to share with you isn’t seamless. No, in comparison to the ease of sharing using the spectacles to SnapChat it’s a little laborious. However, it does get the job done and gives you the user an additional option for getting your images/videos out there. So, sit back, relax and read each and every of the following steps and action them precisely as guided.
How to Share SnapChat Spectacle Images and Video with Instagram
Before we start, please make sure both your SnapChat and Instagram apps are updated the latest versions available. This will help prevent any issues during the following process. Additionally, this process requires that you have your iPhone connected/paired.
1. Put on the Snapchat spectacle device and record a video as if you were going to share via the platform.
2. When the above is completed, tap the SnapChat app icon to launch it and then switch to camera view.
3. Next, you need to view the videos captured by the spectacles. You can do that by pressing the small shutter icon which is the middel icon at the bottom of the display.
4. In the following window, you will be in the memories section of the app. Look for the specs tab and select it.
5. Now, if you look in the top right-hand corner, you will see the select icon tap it. And then select a video you would like to share via Instagram.
6. Next, you need to share your SnapChat spectacle captured video to your iPhone’s camera roll. To do this select the share icon followed by the save video option.
7. Finally, you can launch the Instagram app on your iPhone and share the video to your profile.
So there you have it, you now know how to share videos to Instagram captured using the SnapChat Spectacle device. Did you find the above tutorial easy? We tried to make it as clear as possible.
However, you shouldn’t expect miracles, because as we explained earlier this is a workaround. As such, you will probably notice that the circular video captured by the spectacles, doesn’t look its best on Instagram.